elect water pump

I lost a new head gasket as soon as I got mine running from excessive water pressure.I wish I had one of these then!!As soon as someone has one reasonable $$ I will get one as long as it can handle street service.:pop:

Cummins Express said:
ok what happend to the thread on electic water pump I cant find but if you can help with the question i had on them

how is the belt ran to the alt

Pic fom EEP

partsa10.jpg

thanks

I was hopeing they had ran some other belt sence I dont have air and the fan hub is just there to run the belt becouse of electric fans was just hopping for an altinater only belt set up

Cummins Express said:
thanks

I was hopeing they had ran some other belt sence I dont have air and the fan hub is just there to run the belt becouse of electric fans was just hopping for an altinater only belt set up

I'll bet you could come up with something George...I might be able to come up with a length for ya once I get mine on.

Chris

Could you just move the alternator down enough to be the only thing on the sep belt or even a vbelt drive off the front of the balancer?

you guys really think this thing pulls to hard on the charging system to run it as a daily driver??

Gus,

I don't think so, we are only talking about drawing 7-8 amps. The unit I mentioned above has been tested for 10,000 continuous run time which is over 400 days @ 24 hours per day.

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking - seems like somebody mentioned something about it pulling a little to much along with everything else. Just throwing that out there.

I have a truck I am putting together now that will run a ton of electrics:

Fans
H2O pump
High pressure water injection

With everything on (even grid heaters) it shouldn't be a problem...... Heck look at some of the stereos that are out there now!

Cummins Express said:
let me know what you come up with Chris I was just being lazy and not wanting to figure it out lol

I'll do me best:D

joefarmer said:
Could you just move the alternator down enough to be the only thing on the sep belt or even a vbelt drive off the front of the balancer?

That could work...build a bracket to move it into the A/C compressor's place, then just ditch the tensioner and adjust the alternator for tension.

I'll look into both avenues while my truck is apart for ya George!
Chris

That's true - some of these ricers have stereo systems that pull more than all of that stuff combined. I found a good source for these pumps so I guess I'll go ahead and give one a try.

Will these pumps push enough water to be used on a daily driver that weighs 7500+ and tows occasionally?

Those stereos also have high output alternators and capacitors to help the charging system do its job correctly.

I had no idea they drew so little. I just know from personal experience, when it is cold outside and the heaters are cycling, my headlights dim and my FASS drops PSI. I wouldn’t really want to add more to it then necessary. Although, if the water pump doesn’t start spinning until a certain temp is reached (like some V8 gasser electric water pumps I have seen) then the water pump might start just about the same time that the grid heaters stop cycling, either from vehicle speed or temp.

Heck, I may even have electrical problems that I don’t even know about yet, and that is why I see so much draw.

I know my head lights dim with the grid heaters but my fuel pump doesn't drop any psi. My old PE pump would drop 15psi with the grid heaters on. I'm running a decent amount of wattage through my stereo (1750-1800w) and my head lights dim slightly when it hits hard but my alternator doesn't seem to be having any trouble keeping up and it's got 146k miles on it.

I wonder if it's a 12valve thing? My voltage drops to 13.2v or so when all accessories are on. The 30amps for the Aeromotive, 55w x 4 headlights and a 38amp rad fan (which kills a 30amp fuse after ~35 seconds).

Guy's so this addition is capable of working on a street driven 12 valve? What kind of power gains are realized??

Jetpilot said:
There is a new source for these and the price is around $200 cheaper than they currently are!

Doug

I think this should read "there is a new source that copied this pump, and we are going to stick it to the people that put all the time and money to build it by slashing the price":badidea:

BTW, I have been running the original for over a year, and it works great.

Back