Empire Diesel's Procharged 7.3

SPEAKSUP

Has this thing ever hit the dyno to see what it's making. Going to be picking up another truck soon. If 700 is coming out of that 7.3 well then I am getting a 7.3 LOL . If not then I am going to talk to the guys selling their DMAX.

not sure on that truck but 700 is very possible now a-days...500hp is very common and theres plenty 600hp+ 7.3s running around

Yeah I know you can get good power out of a 7.3 Brian Jelich, Mike on here couple other guys are well over 700 with there 7.3's I just want to know more about that procharged 7.3 see what power and MPG he is getting. I wonder if a solid 1000 ft lbs. and 20MPG in a 7.3 would be perfect. Ready Danny's truck he said he was getting 20 MPG I believe I'd like to see what that 7.3 is getting.

Think a procharged 7.3 with a S400 combo would be nice. Basically build a long bed version of yours.

Yeah I know you can get good power out of a 7.3 Brian Jelich, Mike on here couple other guys are well over 700 with there 7.3's I just want to know more about that procharged 7.3 see what power and MPG he is getting. I wonder if a solid 1000 ft lbs. and 20MPG in a 7.3 would be perfect. Ready Danny's truck he said he was getting 20 MPG I believe I'd like to see what that 7.3 is getting.

Think a procharged 7.3 with a S400 combo would be nice. Basically build a long bed version of yours.

that is actually my dream setup, im planning on starting with a s465 in the next couple months...back on topic, theres only acouple procharged trucks on the forums and none have hit the dyno that I know of, basically they were built for towing...i was told to contact empire for more info but ive decided that I want to have the option to still pull the truck in say 2.6 class sense there arnt any ford competing around us..the way I understood it is the overall power was close to the same as what the big charger would produce alone just without the lag...instant 6-700hp would be something to get use to

Yeah believe it or not I am to a Ford Guy I just don't want to do a conversion. Then I flipped my old 7.3 on 33 coming back home. Unless your in the 900 HP range there is no reason to get into 2.6 near us. This will be my DD tow pig.

I'm thinking Cryoed and partially filled block billet rods Ill port the heads I don't think huge injectors will be needed with the Prochager help and a smaller S400. I want a stick though.

Yeah believe it or not I am to a Ford Guy I just don't want to do a conversion. Then I flipped my old 7.3 on 33 coming back home. Unless your in the 900 HP range there is no reason to get into 2.6 near us. This will be my DD tow pig.

I'm thinking Cryoed and partially filled block billet rods Ill port the heads I don't think huge injectors will be needed with the Prochager help and a smaller S400. I want a stick though.

I by no means plan to win just would like to be within rules to have fun..sounds like you already have a good plan. I know you have Lavons old truck now but there is a heck of a deal on a built 7.3 motor in the classifieds...how big of s4 are you thinking?

All trust me I have that thread linked and keep looking at it. But I am still trying to find a truck first. I am now Find a Long Bed Hand shaker Crew Cab. If he still has that long block for sale when I find one I will pick it up. I'd really like to know what they have dynoed and what EGT's Engine Temps they are getting with the procharged setup. I wonder if any of them is running a partially filled block see what the tempatures are.

I have a feeling without huge injectors and that ProCharger that my goal's are possible. Yeah I have Lavon's old truck and we where out tonight to Red Lobster. I got big plans for that truck got most of the parts ready just waiting on another manifold hopefully I will get that tommorrow it will be my dyno and drag truck my toy. I really want a nice 7.3 if not then I am going to pick up a DMAX. Purely cause IFS rides like a Cadi.

Well I guess 20 MPG is not as possible as I thought CCLB guys average like 13 best of 15 even with a stick. Looks like I would have to do the conversion just to get the MPG I want . SOB.

hey speaksup its turbo brad after seeing my old 12 valve back in the day what are u doing talking about buying a ford im so dissappointed lol

hey speaksup its turbo brad after seeing my old 12 valve back in the day what are u doing talking about buying a ford im so dissappointed lol

If you remember I am a Ford Guy. I sent you a PM I'll shoot you another with my number. Wonder if your still in the Columbus area. You still got your 3rd gen hand shaker?

Yes seeing your truck at the street races was the end for me. To much money later. Three CR's a 12V and now back to a VP truck.

yea in a cc/lb you will only see 20 on the highway after all the mods are done, thats a heavy truck...if your looking for mpg/cadi ride dmax is where you need to go and empire makes a procharger kit for them also....on the 7.3 topic, even with filled blocks guys arnt having heating issues on the street so ive read

Alright thats good to know I was just talking to stock guys. I would honestly be happy with that performance. I just love the way the 7.3 sounds. I guess it all comes down to what truck I can find. I really want a hand shaker and mostly finding autos in longbeds. I think I am going to have to join PSN to talk to the guys cause I don't think that they post over here. I can make a 7.3 ride smooth have to change sometings around and put some bags in the back.

Brian Jelich(sp) got like 20-21 during the diesel power challenge....

Brian Jelich(sp) got like 20-21 during the diesel power challenge....

Thats why I think that there could be even more had with the Supercharger kit. Danny said he was getting like 20 or so with his.

I really want to do this but still trying to find a good bodied CCLB handshaker.

Id, the 6.0 being smaller and slightly more efficient will help alot though.

Yeah and they are easier to get power out of. Yet HG issues IDK all comes down to what truck I can find.

I thought you were wanting to do big things with a vp?

Yeah I am parts are pretty much ready to go. Then Im going to paint it and rhyno line the rockers. Better suspension the works.

I don't like having one truck I need a tow pig and a DD.

Back