Empire Diesel's Procharged 7.3

See you made it over here Mick looks like you got a new truck to. I bet them GM dealerships love you in Austrailia.

How's the red truck doing for you?

Centrifugal superchargers are trash. They have all the detriments of a turbo and supercharger with no benefits of either. Their only positive points are price and space.

Two more things;
With the supercharger blowing into the turbo you've physically limited your maximum performance. If you want more boost or power you have to change the $upercharger.
Second, the supercharger produces boost linear with RPM which means the supercharger actually spools up slower than the turbo!

Every post I've seen this guy make is trying to start crap, pretty certain he's just a troll.

Just so you know, Empire has a Procharger kit for 7.3's, 6.0's, and also for Duramax's (their tow truck is one), and Cummins.

We're starting to get mine dialed in now and I'm very happy with it. Does everything I want it to so far. I've got some pretty good size injectors in mine (Elite 290's) and still don't have to worry about smoke or egt's while daily driving or towing. And that's all on one tune set-up for fun. :D

We still have a little bit to do on mine but we're making some good progress now.

For the 7.3, pm Rockrunner on PSN. He has one with a handshaker and a 38r. He uses his primarily for towing thru the mountains and is thrilled with it.

Last edited:
Idk I went and took out a LML for a drive today. They just need to come down a little more on the price. If not my search continues for a new truck.

See you made it over here Mick looks like you got a new truck to. I bet them GM dealerships love you in Austrailia.

How's the red truck doing for you?

Had a few last year or so. Got a 2011 dually coming out soon.Also bought a 06 gmc rc thats due soon, have a 7.1 about to land from socal that will be going in the rc with ?? sc turbo or 4 turbos not sure yet. Red truck has the duramax removed and a procharged 572 lives in it now. Went for first test drive 2 days ago. Steve Morris engine with f3 139 procharger gear driven on end of crank. Made 1530 on dyno - fun ride. Sorry to hijack thread - should be talking diesels here

Hey man we talk about Gasser's here to. I am just trying to build the ultimate DD which I think would be good with a supercharger. Mainly to seeing other truck's with them on. Red truck sounds nasty now. You should get some pictures of it up. I bet having a Dually sent to Austrailia is a pretty penny.

Idk I went and took out a LML for a drive today. They just need to come down a little more on the price. If not my search continues for a new truck.

Ya those new LML '11 GM trucks are nice aren't they... I wish I could park one in my driveway!!!

Ya those new LML '11 GM trucks are nice aren't they... I wish I could park one in my driveway!!!

They where really nice and the interior is up there also. Just really seem's like the price of trucks have went up. Compared to new ones I have bought in the past.

They where really nice and the interior is up there also. Just really seem's like the price of trucks have went up. Compared to new ones I have bought in the past.

Everything is too spendy for me!!!:doh:

But I don't think the current prices are much more than the previous trucks of the past couple years. And these new ones are definately better than the ones of the past... Maybe you can get in on some of those rebates or good financing or something like that...:hehe:

I just sold mine and from what i was seeing on PSN, larger sticks Hybrids from Swamps or Nate would be necessary.
Good luck.

Back