external wastegate opinions

their website doesnt have a list of gates they offer or prices. just the list of brands they have.

Contact the guys from ED. They sell a modified JGS 50mm gate that is very nice and competitively priced.

Here is a link to one of the owners profile on here.
Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

picture.php

yea ive meet and talked to chris and glen before. they are good guys. im actually waiting to hear back from chris. im just exploring all options before i take the plung and buy one. their set ups are nice. thanks!

I like the price on the ones zstoken posted lol but think im gonna run the JGS or Turbo Smart versions. Is there a positive/negative or benefit to running the wastegate to an atmosphere dump vs dumping it back into the exhaust "post turbo" of course ??

I ran mine into an atmosphere dump, just because if I ever change turbos I won't need a new downpipe, and also you can actually see when the gate is opening. I fought issues with my gate blowing open early, and it leaking. Without the pipe probably wouldn't have noticed it.

thanks for all the info guys. i think im just gonna dump mine to atmosphere too dan. for the same reason you said. dont want to have to do drastic changes if i change turbo's.

How about a brand new Turbonetics 50mm wastegate.
HERE'S the specs on it.
Comes with everything pictured for $500.

Brad

Turboneticswastegate1.jpg

Turboneticswastegate2.jpg

Turboneticswastegate3.jpg

Turboneticswastegate4.jpg

Turboneticswastegate5.jpg

Make sure you don't get to big of a wastegate either. I posed that question some time ago and if you get to big of a gate when it opens you run the risk of dumping to much drive pressure and going back under the turbo.

Make sure you don't get to big of a wastegate either. I posed that question some time ago and if you get to big of a gate when it opens you run the risk of dumping to much drive pressure and going back under the turbo.

X2 , but some of the bigger gates , Like my 50mm come with smaller valve seats that you can swap in , and can order more to make the size of the gate adjustable from 36mm-50mm ....................to a certain extent .

thanks for the heads up bgbldodge.. since ive started looking around and asking questions ive had a few different guys that know there stuff say to go with a 45-50mm with my set up and ill be good. so i thats the size im lookin at.

X2 , but some of the bigger gates , Like my 50mm come with smaller valve seats that you can swap in , and can order more to make the size of the gate adjustable from 36mm-50mm ....................to a certain extent .

What wastegate are you using?

Here is a better wright up about it that is a little easier to understand. I've been looking at this one for a while.

The Synapse Engineering Synchronic 50mm Wastegate is a fundamentally new design that incorporates a patented actuator technology to give you more tunability than you thought was possible with a wastegate. WG002 is their largest frame universal wastegate with a 50mm valve and V band style mounting flange.
Synchronic Wastegate is a fundamentally different approach to wastegating. A line of modular wastegates is in development that will be the first to eliminate the use of a diaphragm. Since there will be no diaphragm/membrane, it will be more responsive to changes in boost pressure. It will also be the first pneumatically actuated wastegate that will have built in boost pressure adjustment at the actuator level without bleeding of pressure, which will produce mathematically rock solid boost levels. Another first will be the ability for the serious tuner to use different combinations of valve size and spring rates in order to match to the specific engine�s performance profile

Features

No Diaphragm!
Adjustable Valve Pre-Load
6 Built-In Boost Settings
Integrated Flow Control
Advanced Engineered Materials
Integrated Exhaust Manifold Seal Included

Synpase Synchronic Flanged Wastegate
Pneumatic Fittings
2 Sets of Springs
2 Different Sized Valve Seats
Copper Exhaust Seal

Treadstone Performance

anymore advice or input? besides controlling turbo speed and drive pressure what other benefits can i see from an external gate?

Back