FASS Diesel Nationals - June 10,11 2011

so what's the price for the burnout comp? lol

Burnout Contest is free to enter

The 1st ten trucks to sign up at the NHRDA booth get into competition

Peter from SouthBend Clutch will be awarding 1st ,2nd and 3rd place with cash.

It all depends on how Peter is feeling but usually he gives away around $1000 in cash :cheer:

Here is map for event information

FASSDieselNationalMap.jpg

Who's coming from Iowa, Northern ILL region? Got a motor that needs a ride to Indy from Iowa City!

Either way looking forward to a good time, Ive had to miss this event the past few years because of Army obligations.

Caleb

Mike Woods just called and said they will be in Indy next weekend with the Dragster

FASS Diesel Nationals update for 2.6 Class

Qualifiying Friday night June 10th

We have changed the qualifing to reflect truck count

1 -29 trucks top 8 will go thru to saturday show
30-39 trucks top 12 will go thru to saturday show
40 plus trucks top 16 will go thru to saturday show

2.6 Class payout schedule
PPL $1500.00
FASS Fuels added $2000.00
Haisley Machine added $1000.00

Total $4500.00

Is there pre-registration for 3.0 pulling or is it going to be like TS, just register when you get there?

Thanks.

We'll be there with the truck and the altered. See you guys there!

Here is the final info for the Qualifiying Friday night June 10th for the 2.6 pulling class

1 -29 trucks top 8 will go thru to saturday show
30-39 trucks top 12 will go thru to saturday show
40 plus trucks top 16 will go thru to Saturday show

Payouts will be as follows for the Saturday winners for the 2.6 class

PPL Payouts $1500.00
FASS Fuels added $2000.00
Haisley Machine added $1000.00
Total $4500.00

Ooofph another $230 hook fee:badidea:.. Well that's if you didn't pay the $200 at TS:bang..

Negative, you can pay "per pull". Just got off the phone with the pro pulling league office. Basically you pay the $30 hook fee, and an extra $50 for insurance. Now if you pay $200 for the membership, then thats $230 right off the bat, plus $30 dollars for every other pull you go to. If you only make a few pulls then its better to pay "per pull". Unless you plan on making atleast 4 or more ppl pulls its not worth buying the membership.

Negative, you can pay "per pull". Just got off the phone with the pro pulling league office. Basically you pay the $30 hook fee, and an extra $50 for insurance. Now if you pay $200 for the membership, then thats $230 right off the bat, plus $30 dollars for every other pull you go to. If you only make a few pulls then its better to pay "per pull". Unless you plan on making atleast 4 or more ppl pulls its not worth buying the membership.

There is only 4 pulls sanctioned for the 2.6 class.

Just for everyone's knowledge (particularly those towing trailers), we had this sent to us for info on getting to the track because of some construction.

DUE TO CONSTRUCTION ON I465, THE RAMP YOU NEED IS CLOSED. Lucas Oil Raceway Park has these directions for the Tractor-trailers rigs:

I465 on west side exit onto I74 W to first exit (Ronald Reagan). At the top of the ramp, turn left (south). Crossover the bridge and you be forced right to the stop sign at US136. Turn left onto US136, go to 1st light (less than a mile) turn right on to CR 1000E (at Hoosier Tire) to the 1st open gate (GATE 8) on the left.

Pick up trucks with gooseneck trailers can go this way or use Exit 17 (38th St)

Not trying to be mean but i have posted this link several times that has info on event

http://www.nhrda.com/Flrz-2011/0610-Info.pdf

I have a question am I gonna have to pay to park and compete? If I compete do I have to pay to get in to watch also? Sorry I am not familiar with all this stuff if you can clear it up for me.

EDIT:
Does my eshaust have to point upwards in the ET and 11.90 class or does it matter?

Last edited:
I have a question am I gonna have to pay to park and compete? If I compete do I have to pay to get in to watch also? Sorry I am not familiar with all this stuff if you can clear it up for me.

EDIT:
Does my eshaust have to point upwards in the ET and 11.90 class or does it matter?

Drag Racing competitors do not pay a parking fee, only spectators (and burnout competition and show and shine also pay parking as well as spectator fees since there is no charge to enter the competitions). If you pay to compete (purchase a drag racing tech card) then you do not have to pay to spectate.

We are not enforcing the upward facing exhaust rule this year. It might be looked at for future years but as it stands this year you are legal without it, as long as you arent smoking out the lights.

Last edited:
Directions for big rigs into lucas oil raceway park

DUE TO CONSTRUCTION ON I465, THE RAMP YOU NEED IS CLOSED. I called Lucas Oil Raceway Park today and here are the directions for the Tractor-trailers rigs:

I465 on west side exit onto I74 W to first exit (Ronald Reagan). At the top of the ramp, turn left (south). Crossover the bridge and you be forced right to the stop sign at US136. Turn left onto US136, go to 1st light (less than a mile) turn right on to CR 1000E (at Hoosier Tire) to the 1st open gate (GATE 8) on the left.

Pick up trucks with gooseneck trailers can go this way or use Exit 17 (38th St)

Thanks, Patty

negative, you can pay "per pull". Just got off the phone with the pro pulling league office. Basically you pay the $30 hook fee, and an extra $50 for insurance. Now if you pay $200 for the membership, then thats $230 right off the bat, plus $30 dollars for every other pull you go to. If you only make a few pulls then its better to pay "per pull". Unless you plan on making atleast 4 or more ppl pulls its not worth buying the membership.

i just wanted to add that with membership you also get the driver and 2 crew members into each event.

Back