FASS Diesel Nationals - June 10,11 2011

Very nice show. I got there about 1:30 on Saturday so I missed a lot of the show. But what I did see I liked. I like the swap back and fourth with the pulls and drag racing and I found my GF likes drag racing only because I normally don't watch it but with it mixed in it made it a very nice show. And everybody got to see what they liked and didnt have a kill half a day waiting on one to get over and the other to start.

Great job NHRDA

Side note: what was the boom in the pits.

Last edited:
Did anyone get any video of my bull ride on the 3rd pass ? Would kind of like to see what the tires were doing at this point.

I have it from the start line. Should have showed you last night when we talked about it. I don't have a clue how to put videos up

I have it from the start line. Should have showed you last night when we talked about it. I don't have a clue how to put videos up

I find it is easiest through youtube. I'm not that good at it either maybe someone here can walk you through it.

Here you go John enjoy the video better than the ride.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3_gQOlAfE4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3_gQOlAfE4[/ame]

Guys here is the deal. The big boom had nothing to do with John Robinson racing or Power services. This was entirely 100% my doing. I had no idea it was going to be that loud or I would not have lit it. You are 100% correct Randy it was childish and I apologize to anyone that was offended. Again, had I known it was going to be that loud I would not have lit it off. It wzas supposed to be like a loud firecracker. It was not.

John is a responsible guy who loves to cut up and is only protecting a buddy from ridicule here. I will not let him or anyone at TDP or any of his sponsors take the blame for this. I acted unilaterally and irresponsibly for that I apologize.

Last edited:
Thanks for the webcast!!!

I may butcher some of these names but here goes

Rob Hall 302.41 Dmax
Adam Hallian 296.99 Cummins
Brandon Overmeyer 295.83Cummins
Terry Coppes 294.8 cummins
Rob Wright 292.53 Cummins
Wade Wright 290.99 Dmax
Scott Logston 288.5 Cummins
Jon Jon (Hulk) 288.01 Dmax
Logan Armstrong 287.21 Dmax
Tyson Dillard 285.62 Cummins
Evan Smoot Don't know never gave distance But he did not beat Rob Hall

Doug Mueller 297.64 Cummins
Chris Muse 293.28 Cummins
Joe Mosley 287.71 Cummins
Curt Haisley 286.44 Cummins
Rob Wright 283.51
Wes Kusilek 281.54
Darren Smith 281.54
Dan Painter 280.84
Todd Cox 280.68
Brad Ingram 280.61
Armstrong (Outta Control) 277.83
Rod Tarr's Old Smokin truck 274.36
Joe Underwood 274.27
Greg Temple 272.89
Eric Squires 268.44
Marvin Gillfillian 138.07
Matt Shaffer - Internet lost connection and missed the pull

Will Dollingburg got workstock with 311.51

These are unofficial notes taken while listening to the webcast

I wanted to thank Doug and Julie Corridori (Johnnyfoxtrot) for loaning me their truck for this race, it was looking to be a great truck for ET and 11.90 index (ran 11.73 with the TS box only halfway up), but somehow I managed to continue the Dockboy/Swole touch I've had on trucks this past few weeks. Not sure what I managed to do to it yet, but it's got a huge pulsing blowby like there is a hole in a piston. When it happened it pressurized the crankcase and sprayed oil everywhere (including the track) down the shutdown area.

Aside from that part, I had a great time this weekend. Lots of great racing and sled pulling, hanging out with old friends and making some new ones. Okay, I could do without the bit of sunburn I got, but that was my fault for trying to even out my farmer's tan!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back