FASS Diesel Nationals - June 10,11 2011

I wanted to thank Doug and Julie Corridori (Johnnyfoxtrot) for loaning me their truck for this race, it was looking to be a great truck for ET and 11.90 index (ran 11.73 with the TS box only halfway up), but somehow I managed to continue the Dockboy/Swole touch I've had on trucks this past few weeks. Not sure what I managed to do to it yet, but it's got a huge pulsing blowby like there is a hole in a piston. When it happened it pressurized the crankcase and sprayed oil everywhere (including the track) down the shutdown area.

Aside from that part, I had a great time this weekend. Lots of great racing and sled pulling, hanging out with old friends and making some new ones. Okay, I could do without the bit of sunburn I got, but that was my fault for trying to even out my farmer's tan!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

You driving the red Dodge that smoked out the return lane?

Yup, that would be me. They even sent the fire crew down since it was making so much smoke at that point!

It was a good running truck! I guess all the smoke was from oil on the exhaust?

It was a mix of oil in the engine compartment (it blew it out of the valve cover when it pressurized the crankcase), and it was probably burning quite a bit of oil in the wounded cylinder as well. It was smoking out the exhaust right after the pass, but after it cooled off it quit smoking.

We had a great time and I loved the back to back pulling/racing. I have been telling these guys to do this the whole time and it finally happened. LOL I think Randy and the crew did a great job and this was a great event. The weekend for us was a full PITA. We faught an oil leak and got it done in time to make the last qualifying round. Then we found more problems and went out first round any way. Now to get it fixed and go to the next one.

Doug was flatt killing the tree all day with .006 , .018 and .026 you all better watch out for the World Finals Dougs isnt playing around

I assume a sportsman tree? If that was a pro tree those times are flat out amazing.

Hey, I got some lights close to those in Bradenton! I think Doug was experimenting with taking a bump in (which was the smart thing to do), until he was near red-lighting. It also helps to be a 2WD with very short front tires. He has it down to a science now so he will be pretty tough to beat!

Michael post a picture of the engine compartment if you can.

Crap, I downloaded my camera at home and don't have the photos with me at work, but will do it later today from home. Have you dug into it any farther yet?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/NHRDA?feature=mhee#p/u/0/V6TOUKpvS0o"]http://www.youtube.com/user/NHRDA?feature=mhee#p/u/0/V6TOUKpvS0o[/ame]

Michael post a picture of the engine compartment if you can.

IMGP9307.jpg

IMGP9308.jpg

I looked at garage floor last night and I have a 7' oil slick under exhaust pipe. The good thing is it still runs.

Coming from the direct competitor of the title sponsor. This event was a blast and I'm glad to see it taking a step towards being what it once was.

Coming from the direct competitor of the title sponsor. This event was a blast and I'm glad to see it taking a step towards being what it once was.

Lol I saw your guys down there high fiving winners with an AirDog in the return lane......I got a kick out of that!

Lol I saw your guys down there high fiving winners with an AirDog in the return lane......I got a kick out of that!

That was me in the return lane hanging out. AirDog users were puttin the power down!! Didn't want to miss anything. The blisters on my head prove it to!

Back