FASS is consistant.

had one of the fuel labs pumps.....it was quiet, kind of like a low hum and could hear the fuel flowing through it

Instead of mounting off the vacuum pump location do you have room to mount a mechanical pump in front of the injection pump.

I agree with With the Aeromotive pumps being the best choice for electric pumps. I am amazed that people are still trying to run those bundled filter/pump set ups. It's not if they will fail but when. But for certain you can figure out a way to run a mechanical pump. Just a question of how much money and time you want to invest.

Not from what I've seen on P-pump applications. Most of them drop 20psi or so when WOT on a p-pump. Not very good to me!

Chris

News to me. Maybe its time for a bit bigger pump. Have those people call in and I'll get them fixed up if they are having an issue. P pumps are a totally different beast than the other trucks. Not so fuel efficient lol.

News to me. Maybe its time for a bit bigger pump. Have those people call in and I'll get them fixed up if they are having an issue. P pumps are a totally different beast than the other trucks. Not so fuel efficient lol.

As far as I know, they've all moved on to either different injection systems, or different pumps.

If it's news to you, then you haven't been reading much on here. I've seen it talked about a few times on here....with I think at least 1 thread dedicated to it.

No offense to you meant Anthony, I know you try to help guys out. I personally have not run one on a 12v truck, just a couple raptors on VP's...but I have tried to help guys tune a few 12v's that were losing pressure.

Thanks,
Chris

As far as I know, they've all moved on to either different injection systems, or different pumps.

If it's news to you, then you haven't been reading much on here. I've seen it talked about a few times on here....with I think at least 1 thread dedicated to it.

No offense to you meant Anthony, I know you try to help guys out. I personally have not run one on a 12v truck, just a couple raptors on VP's...but I have tried to help guys tune a few 12v's that were losing pressure.

Thanks,
Chris

None taken at all. If there is a problem, especially a consistant one. I want to address it is all.
I'm always trying to make this thing better with the engineers. Sometimes you take a step forward only to take 2 steps back later but you learn something and take a few more forward. We just put a big change in we have been waiting for a long time for. New tooling etc has been quite the experience. Should be nothing but bad ass pumps from here on out.

Anthony, gonna have any thing bigger than the 200 for 12V's any time soon?

Possibly something capable of higher pressure than what you offer now?

Anthony, gonna have any thing bigger than the 200 for 12V's any time soon?

Possibly something capable of higher pressure than what you offer now?

Don't plan on it. Pressures can be adjusted up or down. If you want more than what the maximum puts out. Give us a ring and we have other springs. Remember, our pumps are set for a regular driving type truck. Not race trucks etc. Many trucks can use what we have on their drag trucks etc but that is not our target at all. You get into big 13mm pumps and things electric isn't the way to go. I personally used 2 of the 200's on the XDP truck and it worked fine but preferred to have the waterman instead. I won't sell anyone a pump if I don't honestly think it will handle what they have. I have talked many tractor and truck guys out of buying them per their specs they provided.
What do you have that is calling for something bigger? I know some of the best trucks in the nation with off the shelf AirDog II 200's that have no issues at all. There is more to a fueling system than just slapping a big lift pump on and expecting it to run the show. Regulating the fuel at the injection pump is a big help.

Ask Phil Taylor how they work on his drag truck LOL He said put as much pressure as I could to it. So I told him to watch the gauge and see if he really wants that. I dialed it up to 100 or 120 psi and he decided that as high as it could go wasn't a correct statement. Put it to 70 I believe and he seems to have done pretty good the last couple years. I mean for an old man and all LOL
Long story short, if you have a big HP build I can tell you how to fix things up. But the pumps aren't set out of the box for all drag race or sled pulling applications. They are meant for daily drivers.

Last edited:
None taken at all. If there is a problem, especially a consistant one. I want to address it is all.
I'm always trying to make this thing better with the engineers. Sometimes you take a step forward only to take 2 steps back later but you learn something and take a few more forward. We just put a big change in we have been waiting for a long time for. New tooling etc has been quite the experience. Should be nothing but bad ass pumps from here on out.

Good enough....I might just give you a shout too when I get to buying one for my 1/2 ton....gotta keep that 13mm pump happy you know!

Chris

I guess I have the only FASS on the planet that won't die.
It's a BETA test high pressure pump they sent me back in 05ish to try on my 6.0.
Can't remember what it was set at but I had it boost referenced and it would show right at 100 psi on the gauge at full boost.
I changed the spring to a low pressure one when I put the Cummins in...still use the same adjustable regulator though. It sits at 22psi at idle and is 80+ at full boost.
The damned thing is even wired into the OEM fuel pump wiring...has been since day one. It's a noisy bastard but it's got 7 years and well over 100,000 miles on it...sounds the same as the day I put it in and works like a charm.

Knocking on wood now...

I have had mine for well over 100k miles and 5 years @ 45psi and just recently blew the shaft seal in between the motor and pump. Called DPP and they say I can get a new one at NAPA, gave me the part number for it. I have had the problems of the connections failing, but not very often.

I guess I have the only FASS on the planet that won't die.
It's a BETA test high pressure pump they sent me back in 05ish to try on my 6.0.
Can't remember what it was set at but I had it boost referenced and it would show right at 100 psi on the gauge at full boost.
I changed the spring to a low pressure one when I put the Cummins in...still use the same adjustable regulator though. It sits at 22psi at idle and is 80+ at full boost.
The damned thing is even wired into the OEM fuel pump wiring...has been since day one. It's a noisy bastard but it's got 7 years and well over 100,000 miles on it...sounds the same as the day I put it in and works like a charm.

Knocking on wood now...

My fass has been on my truck since 05, I don't know if it was a beta, but it is a 180/200. Extremely noisy, but has been bullet proof. I have the boost reference on the OFV with a 55-60 PSI spring in the fass. I data log it and it will maintain over 30 psi with a 13mm pump in the 600cc range. Very happy with it.

Good enough....I might just give you a shout too when I get to buying one for my 1/2 ton....gotta keep that 13mm pump happy you know!

Chris

My DF-200 only drops below 32 psi when the key is off. I've debated seeing about turning it up a bit, but it easily supported 800 on fuel with a healthy CDS 12mm pump...my only issue has been the length of the filters. On a lowered 2wd I have ripped more than one off getting on a trailer or even a lift. It has a shorter NAPA filter now and I have seen no ill effects.

But the pumps aren't set out of the box for all drag race or sled pulling applications. They are meant for daily drivers.

I'm not sure this is common knowledge. I've never heard that before, and I'm pretty common. LOL

The 100 series is a true 100gph.

So Chuck. I got one of these "true" 100 gph pumps you guys are talking about. Tell me, what is different than the other 100 pumps out there. Seems you are implying others don't pump 100 gph? Enlighten me please. :pop:
Is this a marketing campaign to down play others pumps to make this one look better or did you do some testing on pumps to show the differences? Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks

Last edited:
Also remember I have one in my hand with the flow chart fuelab themselves provides. Explain this "true" 100 gph please. I'll send you a pm with the link so you don't miss the thread. Thanks

I'm going to test it today to compare. I hope that it outflows the AirDog so I don't look like I have a biased opinion.

I'm going to test it today to compare. I hope that it outflows the AirDog so I don't look like I have a biased opinion.

While testing can you monitor voltage at the pump and the current, provide them in the graphs as well, I would suspect there is a correlation.

With all this hype over who pump is what and presure drop crap I don't see why people never venture away from FASS/AD when going to race applications. just like Anthony said, race isn't their target.
With that being said, I've made up a few systems from scratch using automotive marine 1110 pump/13114 regulator/12310 secondary filter and what ever type of filter/water seperator you like as a primary. Such as the DAHL 200 by Baldwin with all push lok hose.
I've ran this type of set up on a couple 6.0's above 700hp at 65psi. One runs nitrous. And I saw a 2-4 psi drop max at 5,000 rpm.

As well as on a 900+ CR and he ran it for since 08 and still runs it.

Also a 12v with a 12mm pump makin 650iah at 45psi and only sees a 2-3psi drop at 38-4000rpm.

All of the systems use a sump and 3/4" to the primary filter, 3/4" to pump, pump directly screws to secondary, and
5/8" to y-block-1/2" line-heads-3/8" line-regulator-tank or
5/8" to regulator and out the other with 1/2" the pump. And returned back to tank.

Last edited:
I've been lucky so far with this new Fass. I've got almost 700 miles on it so far and it's still working fine. Maybe my luck is changing, or maybe not having the 12Valve piston pump working with it makes a diference.

Back