FICM reprogramming

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
Have not seen it discussed much on here, but Eric is going to be reflashing my FICM on the truck. SUpposedly, the gains are substantial in performance and fuel mileage. I will let you guys know. Finally back to the old ways of the 6.0 before all the damned flashes.:tree::rockwoot:

the reflashes are great, trying one right now, picked up way more in the midrange, you'll like it,

You kinda lost me... you mean the original factory tune?

I called Innovative and was told they are still doing beta testing. They should be ready for something official in a few weeks

Our vendor Power Hungry Performance has FICM tuning ready to go if you don't wanna wait, Pete.

People are saying mileage is going up substantially....seems like something to really look hard at with current fuel prices.

is this done thru the port under the dash or do you send it off to be flashed?

I've never heard of it before so if someone would go into a lil detail id appreciate it. If it will help control my injectors better and get better mileage im up for it.

I think some are working on a hand held tuner type unit but right now I think you send yours in for programming.

I called innovative on Friday they said they had the 03 04 program ready for FICM. They send you a new FICM READY TO GO then you send yours back.

no it's not a older reflash like spartans doing, eric is actually tunning the ficm, he can compand the ficm todo what he wants, there are preset limits in there, no matter waht you ask for in programming, you only get the fuel the ficm will allow,

How easy is the install and removal of the FICM?

Redneck - who did yours?

I have na 03 and the FICM is on the passenger side... it looks like you can finagle yourself in there and unbolt it with out any real issues.

the ficm is on your driver side valve cover near the back behind the CCV filter and pretty much under your degas bottle..

a few nuts and it's off...

uhh, finalley!!! i knew there had to something that kept these 6.0's so diferent from truck to truck! makes sence now.
alright lets keep up the good work!
now i might not get rid of my truck after all!

Back