FICM reprogramming

someone please educate me, because I still don't completely understand... Does this FICM tuning basically give me a new "stock" program of my choice and then I can still use innovative custom tunes on my Xcal2 to run different files of my choice? What's the benefit of reprogramming the FICM if the files from my SCT completely replace the stock programming of my truck? Please be patient with me if this is old info, I'm really trying to learn here... Appreciate the help!

Taking a guess here but I think the SCT only programs the ECM and when ford flashes your truck they can change the programing in ECM and the FICM now others have figured out how to program ficm. May be way of base here but this is my take on this so far.

It is nice to see DJ back on line here. In my case where my FICM programming prevents my 190 injectors from working properly means that this is only a good thing. Please check into this further DJ so maybe we can convince my truck to accept the injectors. Thanks.

subscribing. lots of questions to be answered. I'm interested in knowing if you have injectors and/or turbo if you can benefit from this.

FWIW When I purchased my excursion it was getting about 18-20+ mpg. Took it in to the stealership for some work, they flashed me without asking, now im lucky to see above 15.

The only reason I don't do FICM swaps is because I've been burned with dead cores before. Everything could test out fine on the bench but when you plug it in a truck you can have a dead injector driver or something like that which makes it useless. New FICMs are $700.00 from the dealer and that's a heck hit to have to take to keep good units in stock.

Of course, this is all a moot point since programmers (mine and others) will be ready very shortly and can program right in the truck and have the ECM calibrations matched to the FICM.

Later...

Hey Bill,

Check your vendor area. I have a couple questions.

Taking a guess here but I think the SCT only programs the ECM and when ford flashes your truck they can change the programing in ECM and the FICM now others have figured out how to program ficm. May be way of base here but this is my take on this so far.

And don't forget the TCM (Tranny) . . . SCT also programs that.

So, if I understand correctly, the FICM cannot be reprogrammed through the OBDII port like the ECM and TCM?

I think the dealers use the OBD port for FICM programming

Well then I wonder what's holding SCT from integrating programming code for the FICM too in their software? Maybe they are working on it? That would be real nice!

And don't forget the TCM (Tranny) . . . SCT also programs that.

So, if I understand correctly, the FICM cannot be reprogrammed through the OBDII port like the ECM and TCM?

no, the FICM most certainly IS programmed thru the OBDII port..
however current programmers such as SCT only program the ECM/TCM but not the FICM..
the new batch of tuners coming out from the various vendors currently will have the ability to tune the ECM/TCM, AND the FICM ! ! !

no, the FICM most certainly IS programmed thru the OBDII port..
however current programmers such as SCT only program the ECM/TCM but not the FICM..
the new batch of tuners coming out from the various vendors currently will have the ability to tune the ECM/TCM, AND the FICM ! ! !

Including SCT??????? How long before this is available?????????

"Some people call it turbo lag........
I call it a courteous heads
tart"

That is the best quote ever! Awesome!! :hehe::hehe::hehe:

"Some people call it turbo lag........
I call it a courteous heads
tart"

That is the best quote ever! Awesome!! :hehe::hehe::hehe:

A little more hijacking...I saw another good one on Myspace.

"Once you blow black...you'll never go back" LOL

So, that's why there are multiple companies that all of a sudden have this. That would make since.

I wonder how much difference there will be between the different people/places offering this? Will they all be similar or will there be drastic differences? I'm trying to source a spare to send out for modification, just don't know who/where to send it. Chris

i believe that you will be seeing quite a difference between the various FICM tuning being released by the certain companies in question...

some will be a FICM only programming, some will be a completely new tuner (similar to sct) for the ECM/TCM that will also be able to program the FICM, and of course some are reprogramming the FICM's on a mail in exhchange basis

OK, so I've read this whole thread, but I have this question. Do the Ford dealerships still have access to the original 03 FICM programming? Could I take my 07 to the dealer and have him flash the 03 FICM program into it?

I like the idea of a custom FICM flash, but I'm curious to know if we can just turn the clock back on the FICM programming? And if we could, what negatives would there be if any?

highly doubtfull! seeing as ford was the one to change the programming in the first place. they changed it to cover there butts since the 6.0 was having all these problems back when they first came out.
if you drink beers with the ford gen mang. on the weekends and you let him sleep with your wife, then he might reflash the old original file into your FICM!

Back