Finally, build thread!

More stuff... Thanks Taylor!
79319f5a.jpg

3973fa72.jpg

2861ba09.jpg

Those springs are sooooo sweet...

No problem buddy! Glad u like them!

Well I'm held up AGAIN. I'm really at my wits end here, this weekend was my last shot before vacation.

Wide open 6.7 injectors. I've never seen anything like it. 6k+ rpm had things on the walls shaking.

I've been there...even had the key turned off! LOL Your engine looks a lot like mine right now, except for a '94 12v crank with a welded gear cause my budget is limited! What are those piston squirters?

Waiting on parts always sucks! every vehicle that drives by I have to go look and see if the ups truck is lost and driving by!
whats the holdup now?

What are those piston squirters?

I believe they are just he early CR squirters.....I just a set just like those out of the used 03 motor I got from Signature600....They looked just like my 05 squirters but the main bracket piece is just made of metal and not plastic.

I ended up using the 03 squirters cause I broke one of mine trying to bend it due to the slight contact it they were making on my monotherms...I just had to bend the 03 set over only about 3/16th of an inch..

I believe they are just he early CR squirters.....I just a set just like those out of the used 03 motor I got from Signature600....They looked just like my 05 squirters but the main bracket piece is just made of metal and not plastic.

I ended up using the 03 squirters cause I broke one of mine trying to bend it due to the slight contact it they were making on my monotherms...I just had to bend the 03 set over only about 3/16th of an inch..

Hopefully you used the bolts that came with the 03 squirters, and not the bango bolts that were in your 05.

Here is a excerp from the Dodge manual:

CAUTION:
Two different styles of J-jet piston cooling nozzles and nozzle mounting fasteners are used, depending on
engine build date. The two designs are NOT interchangeable. One design uses an all metal piston cooling
nozzle (1) with a fluted mounting capscrew (3). The second design uses a plastic nozzle/body/locating arm
(5) , and a metal nozzle tip (4). The second design nozzle must be used with a banjo bolt (6). When replacing
piston cooling nozzles, it is important to replace the cooling nozzle mounting fastener with the same
type that was removed. Do not intermix both designs in the same engine. Severe engine damage can result
if the two designs are intermixed.

Paul

Last edited:
Hopefully you used the bolts that came with the 03 squirters, and not the bango bolts that were in your 05.

Paul

I did!

But not cause I knew to, but only cause they looked stronger...

What would have happened if not?

I did!

But not cause I knew to, but only cause they looked stronger...

What would have happened if not?

Depending on how the holes lined up, you would have greatly reduced the amount of oil going through the squirters.

I'm just going to keep my mouth shut until it gets resolved. Until then I need a beer.

Talked to Cummins Rocky Mountain today and they've got one. Lucky for me we've got a truck in Denver today, so I'm having them pick it up for me. I don't even wan to think about what that broken ring is costing me at this point.

Its about time you're putting it back together. I should have a new motor for mine this weekend

Its about time you're putting it back together. I should have a new motor for mine this weekend

It should have been running a long time ago, but my luck is unbelievable. It seems everything has gone wrong. Getting mailed broken parts and then having to pay for it just adds insult to injury. But it happens, I just want my truck back!

It should have been running a long time ago, but my luck is unbelievable. It seems everything has gone wrong. Getting mailed broken parts and then having to pay for it just adds insult to injury. But it happens, I just want my truck back!

I know how you feel dude, I've had my fair share of bad luck. Like selling the wheels off the truck to buy a set of 20's and the the dude won't return my pm's so im sittin on steelies for now.

I know how you feel dude, I've had my fair share of bad luck. Like selling the wheels off the truck to buy a set of 20's and the the dude won't return my pm's so im sittin on steelies for now.

Thats the way it always seems to work! I understand everything thats happened and Im not angry, I just need to vent a little so I don't lose my mind! Oh well, vacation is coming. Time to get off the wagon LOL

Thats the way it always seems to work! I understand everything thats happened and Im not angry, I just need to vent a little so I don't lose my mind! Oh well, vacation is coming. Time to get off the wagon LOL

I've got 2 weeks paid vacation that I'm ready to take. Go into hiding and turn my phone off.

Back