Finally got started

try vulcan performance they might have a fitting that you are looking for. hope you get the swap finshed without any more snags.

Well today started out crappy, got better when I found what I "THINK" I can make work for the fittings and oil lines. Got home and back to crappy. The cam sensor adapter and Hamilton cam still arent here :( I suppose the stars just didnt align for me this time.

Well today started out crappy, got better when I found what I "THINK" I can make work for the fittings and oil lines. Got home and back to crappy. The cam sensor adapter and Hamilton cam still arent here :( I suppose the stars just didnt align for me this time.

bummer Pete... hope everything works out in the end....

these types of issues are exactly why I'm making sure I have all of the parts before I turn one wrench...

bummer Pete... hope everything works out in the end....

these types of issues are exactly why I'm making sure I have all of the parts before I turn one wrench...

Yeah It definetley sucks hard. I'm still hoping the cam at least comes in but I'm doubtful it will tonight. looks like it will be a few weeks until any prgress is made at all as I head out of town early tuesday morning for a week then right back to busy as hell at work when I get back.

Well I partially figured out an oil source but will still need to figure somthing out going into the pump. What I had planned on was a short 90* in the inside but coudlnt find one short enough. I ended up going to the shop today and installed the timing cover and set the cam back in until mine get's here tomorrow and the cam sensor relocator. I used -4 pushlock fittings for the oil supply because I could not find a metric M10 fitting for the block over by the vaccum pump line anywhere. I used a brass 1/8"NPT "T", pipe, and a 1/8" to -4 double nipple over on the 1/8" npt port that my primary runs off of this way if I ever need to do maintenance on it it will be much easier. I still need to find a way to get the dang bushing out of the driverside of the pump without boogering up the threads though. I also went ahead and hung the pump to get a good idea of any last minute stuff I will need.

IMG_5749.jpg

IMG_5750.jpg

IMG_5753.jpg

Here is my shady oil setup LOL

IMG_5754.jpg

IMG_5756.jpg

Oil line to pump

IMG_5758.jpg

IMG_5759.jpg

IMG_5760.jpg

IMG_5761.jpg

IMG_5762.jpg

IMG_5763.jpg

IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5765.jpg

Well I partially figured out an oil source but will still need to figure somthing out going into the pump. What I had planned on was a short 90* in the inside but coudlnt find one short enough. I ended up going to the shop today and installed the timing cover and set the cam back in until mine get's here tomorrow and the cam sensor relocator. I used -4 pushlock fittings for the oil supply because I could not find a metric M10 fitting for the block over by the vaccum pump line anywhere. I used a brass 1/8"NPT "T", pipe, and a 1/8" to -4 double nipple over on the 1/8" npt port that my primary runs off of this way if I ever need to do maintenance on it it will be much easier. I still need to find a way to get the dang bushing out of the driverside of the pump without boogering up the threads though. I also went ahead and hung the pump to get a good idea of any last minute stuff I will need.

Russel P/N: 670410
Russell P/N: 614304

P.S.: do you have the factory 12 vlave oil feed line?

Would you mind snapping some pics of the throttle linkages on the pump? I'm trying to get an idea on how they are setup and what not.

FYI- i have the TPS for a 12v on my throttle linkage. i dunno how easily it comes off the the side of the throttle, but the little black box is there and has a spot for a plug. if you or tyler needs it let me know and i will see what its gonna take to remove the sensor from the rest of the linkage.

since i have a 6spd i dont need it, its just on there with nothing hooked to it.

so when i do my swap with my 6spd am i gonna have to worry about the TPS at all or not? What other sensors will i have to deal with? Just the cam sensor or is there a few more?

so when i do my swap with my 6spd am i gonna have to worry about the TPS at all or not? NO What other sensors will i have to deal with? Just the cam sensor or is there a few more? nope, just the Cam sensor

a cam sensor adapter for the 12v timing case and keep your ECM plugged in (it needs to moved back with some modified brackets) and everything else works.

the only plugs you will have haning in the engine bay are the VP44 connector and the TPS plug, i would have cut mine off but thats makes it that much harder if i were to go back to vp pump and sell the truck (which i highly doubt will happen)

Back