Finally got started

So much as I can tell the other pump was still bad after talking to ALOT of people It more than likley needs some work on a few barrels and plungers. The new 175 pump seems like it will be much more responsive just from the few seconds of free revving I have done lol. Right now it is a 175 pump with 191's, a 4k GSK, Mack plug, a fuel plate I havent ground yet, .093" lines and tubes, and 8x.011" injectors. I wont be getting the Mach 7's because I had to eat some $$$ for a new pump. I still have work to do so I can drive it but it should be done for my trip to NC that I HAVE to have it for this sunday. I still need to wire up the TPS, figure out why the cam isnt working, find bolts or some metric all-thread for the intake horn, and button up a few oil leaks.

A guy I know in Louisiana worked at Chrysler and sold it to a guy a few months ago. He put it on for 400 miles and the engine was just too tired so they replaced the whole thing.

Can someone help me with this. Wich wires go to these to make the TPS work? sorry for the rough drawing but it is at work so I cant get a pic.

scan0002.jpg

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago about which wires go where. Let me see if I can't dig it up.

Thanks that is what I was looking for. I thought it was broken down by colors and that would not have worked for me.

I'm gonna run in the morning to pick up a new CPS because thew tach still isnt working. If that doesnt work I will probly end up going to a 94'n alternator so I can get it charging and ready to go for the big road trip this weekend.

Well other than a few small things I am done with the swap. It starts up every time just as smooth or smoother than the VP, the tach works, and it charges. I didnt end up with near as many pics as I wanted and my reciepts are scattered about but I'll try to get a complete write up done soon. All I have to do know is run the valves again and hook up my fuel shutoff cable. Here is a vid I shot, I tried to get up close so some guys could see the common question areas.

YouTube - another P-pump 24 valve build

Well I just got to walmart in the uc. The maiden interstate voyage went 75 mph with 575* EGT's. A 175 pump and hamilton cam seem to run nice and cool.

damn i am so jealous pete! What did you all do to the pump then? Sounds damn good

For a few hundred RPM it is so much lower it almost feels like the tranny is slipping but then when the fuel comes on it is a different story. It is definetley down on power but it is an out of the box stock tuning 175 pump with a 2095 mack plug, 191 DV's, and a 4k GSK. I havent even touched the AFC or the stock plate yet so that should yield some more. Driving on the interstate it is smooth as silk but stop and go is a different story. It shifts like I wanted it too when I had the valve body built, nice and hard, but doesnt seem to want to let go of TC lock-up or 2nd gear all the time when slowing down or stopping so some things will need to be adjusted. It sounds louder and runs completley different but I havent been happier with anything else I've done to it.

How does it feel power wise? spool up good?
damn i am so jealous pete! What did you all do to the pump then? Sounds damn good

I have a friend who wants to trade my Ford L9000 for a 98 12v ext. cab, 5 speed truck. I may have a new pulling truck to build. Glad to hear you like it bud. Congrats.

I have a friend who wants to trade my Ford L9000 for a 98 12v ext. cab, 5 speed truck. I may have a new pulling truck to build. Glad to hear you like it bud. Congrats.

Yeah I suppose you could build that 12v and keep the 24v for church and nice outingsw LOL after all the paint and body work you did I would be scared to drive it.

Thanks Scott, we are giving it a hell of a shake down run. We left Gulfport MS earlier and now we are 50 miles outside of Atlanta GA on our way to beautiful eastern NC.

Back