Finally got started

I will take pics. I meant to today but forgot the camera. I really hope to finish sometime friday. I have most of the ones I have taken posted but I will probly end up taking a bunch more and starting a new thread so they dont get lost between the pages.

yea im sure its nothing i cant handle. ive got a decent mechanical ability. actually just got done rebuilding a CAT 3114 for engines class. out of the 5 the class rebuilt... mine is the only one so far that didnt have any issues.

yea im sure its nothing i cant handle. ive got a decent mechanical ability. actually just got done rebuilding a CAT 3114 for engines class. out of the 5 the class rebuilt... mine is the only one so far that didnt have any issues.
I rebuilt a 903ci V8 cummins a tear and a half or so. Out of 5 we were the only ones to get used parts. We ended up with high hp and tq. It is fun to rip the big ones down to bare block.

haha.. yea i cant wait for next semester.. i getta tear a 3406b down and rebuild it. then we dyno it and make sure it puts out correct power. then he said he might let us crank the pump and see what it will do with the pump cranked. and he said he's been wanting to see what it will do with some propane too. so that should be fun! my class is the first class to use our brand new engine dyno.

I'm not afraid of doing a p-pump swap or anything. I know I can figure it out, been around engines my entire life. It is nice having a general idea how its done though. I might end up doing one some day.

I dont think you would have a problem at all. It is actually pretty relaxing to me to work on the truck when all is going well LOL.

its not that bad as long as you take your time and everything goes as it should? anyone know how much a smaller a/r housing cost for an s400?

If you were there for it you would understand hoqw happy I was. Lets just say anyone wanting to set timing needs to do a refresher on reading a guage lol. Trucks seem to run way better with .299" of plunger lift instead od .0029" of lift LOL

If you were there for it you would understand hoqw happy I was. Lets just say anyone wanting to set timing needs to do a refresher on reading a guage lol. Trucks seem to run way better with .299" of plunger lift instead od .0029" of lift LOL

Just went through that when my timing slipped, only I went the same amount in the OPPOSITE direction:badidea: Sounded/smoked like a pulling truck, only I have about 6 points too much compression ratio to have any business running that kind of timing:nail:

edit: Sweet project you've got going!

Oh I understand how it feels to have a big project work out like that! Well mine wasnt as big as your project, but the end result was the same..one happy camper!! :clap:

Right on man! I know that feeling! Mine is torn apart as we speak and I will be starting my conversion soon, keep us posted on how she run's!

nice work, sounds awesome! What size lines did you end up with? and are your injectors still set up for VP?

Back