Finally hitting the rollers with my fully built 24V.. Any advice

VaOutlaw

King of the dyno
This will be my first time on the rollers with my truck so I would appreciate some advice from guys that had experience dynoing big HP trucks.

What chagers? Dual pump? What are the specs on the injectors? Any nitrous? What kinda tuning? What type of dyno? Your asking a very generic question.

They are BIG.

Advice...get the truck up to operating temp before getting on the dyno.

Sorry ..

My chargers are 475/595..
I have 300 HP injectors ..
I have a Wicked diesels stage 3 pump with the 30 over revo kit..
Smarty TNT-R with the latest update. MP8 .
Have NX kit with progressive controller ( only used to spool twins while staging )

With the primitive tuning you have it's gonna take a good wif of spray to get them to light on a dyno. I know of a 12v with the same turbo's. It works well with water but needs rpm to light. I think your tuning is gonna be holding you back a good bit.

High Tech - I am concerned whether or not they will lite on the dyno. What numbers did that 12v hit ?

I also have a custom built water / meth kit on the truck.

I'd just use nitrous. The truck I know of is a pullin truck. I have no idea on what kinda numbers it makes but if I was to guess I'd say 13-1400hp

If I have to use the nitrous to lite the turbos I will .. I guess I could set the controller to come on at 1 lb and off at 30 lbs. By then my turbos should be pulling hard.

Should I use my tc lockout ? If so when ?

High Tech - I am concerned whether or not they will lite on the dyno. What numbers did that 12v hit ?

I also have a custom built water / meth kit on the truck.

A superflow with the dual brakes would be the ticket, it'll lite them I guarantee it providing the dyno operator knows his chit.

If I have to use the nitrous to lite the turbos I will .. I guess I could set the controller to come on at 1 lb and off at 30 lbs. By then my turbos should be pulling hard.

Should I use my tc lockout ? If so when ?

Just open the bottle in front of the intake :nos: It will be cool for the rest of us to watch!

But seriously, I know when I dynod my truck with a 47re it was done in lock up so I am assuming you will want to do the same with the 48 so I dont see the lock up switch helping assuming the truck doesnt try to kick down.

The dyno we will be using is a Dynojet.

Loaded? If not your gonna be bummed. You ever pop that nitrous? Be careful! Hope you have an proper set up.its not a good idea to run the giggle gas with compounds unless its built for it.you will grenade if ya can't get that pressure outa there. You can grab 1000-1300+ HP on fuel only with a 24 valve,the head slightly worked over will provide plenty of air.

Loaded? If not your gonna be bummed. You ever pop that nitrous? Be careful! Hope you have an proper set up.its not a good idea to run the giggle gas with compounds unless its built for it.you will grenade if ya can't get that pressure outa there. You can grab 1000-1300+ HP on fuel only with a 24 valve,the head slightly worked over will provide plenty of air.

What?

Never had a nitrous pop. I have only used it to spool my turbos in the staging lane at the track. I am not too sure about running it during a pass or on the dyno , I am already pushing 105 - 120 lbs of boost.

What's been your track times and what's your truck weigh? It'll be your best dyno.

Lavon

Have not had this new motor / combo to the track yet. Last year with the same chargers I would run 7.1s , 97 - 99 mph with 1.6 60ft. If I tried to push it any harder it would just spin all four tires. I am guessing I am around 6800-lbs.

Back