Firepunk UCC Pro Street Build

What's the charger setup now? Or is that under wraps?

Chris @ Engineered Turbos is handling the turbo setup and would prefer we keep specs under wraps for now as we are pretty steadily making changes during testing.

Lavon

Damn Lavon you guys did and awesome job on this build can't wait to catch up with you guys at TS.

Looks awesome! I can't believe how much quality work you guys have done in such a short time and still have personal lives.

Very true! Pretty sure Lavon also has a little baby too, which says a lot in my book!

Looks awesome! I can't believe how much quality work you guys have done in such a short time and still have personal lives. Hopefully I'll be able to come see you guys Saturday.

Surely is a great testament to the variety of skills possessed in the shop.

Did I see the s10 in one of the trailer pics? Is it still yours, Brandon? How'd it do?

Did I see the s10 in one of the trailer pics? Is it still yours, Brandon? How'd it do?

Yes, yes and good until we rattled something loose in the last pass of qualifying. Paul qualified 3rd with a 6.751 in 6.70 index. Hoping to have it ready for Paul at ADD on May 14th.

Putting two trucks in the trailer caused some issue like Lavon had mentioned with the trailer shearing off lugs. The ride out to UCC should be uneventful with only one truck in the trailer.

1 truck 1 extra engine and a couple trannies lol. Go for broke

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes, yes and good until we rattled something loose in the last pass of qualifying. Paul qualified 3rd with a 6.751 in 6.70 index. Hoping to have it ready for Paul at ADD on May 14th.

Putting two trucks in the trailer caused some issue like Lavon had mentioned with the trailer shearing off lugs. The ride out to UCC should be uneventful with only one truck in the trailer.

Plans to upgrade axles?

New with brakes and hubs, (sprung, not torsion) should be around 350 to 450 each...
Torsion about 500 to 650 depending on weight rating, custom built to spec.
And should take about a week turn around time for the build...

Are you planning on swapping gears for different events? Not sure how close to rpm limited you may be for a 1/4 mile, but wondering more of dropping to run direct drive during the sled pull to save the tranny, or will they take the abuse?

Are you planning on swapping gears for different events? Not sure how close to rpm limited you may be for a 1/4 mile, but wondering more of dropping to run direct drive during the sled pull to save the tranny, or will they take the abuse?

Yes we're doing a Ring/Pinion swap after the drag race/dyno.

We moved the battery closer to the starter and are rewiring some of the grounds to a "floating ground" so we don't have as much draw when starting the truck. Something we overlooked when originally wiring it.

Lyn is installing the two Shroud Parachutes today in prep for Saturday's 1/4 Mile test and tune session. Also we weighed the bedside as is with all the mounting hardware and frame and its 23lbs per side.
Chutes_zpsfm59vbxf.jpg

Last edited:
Back