First diesel rail side by side?

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
I heard this happened this weekend-correct? John Robinson vs The Bentz rail....

Where's the pics!!!!

Great job to both those teams!:rockwoot:

I truely can't remember. The times weren't great, both cars had problems. One pretty much from the tree, the other shutdown about 3/4 track.

But the pic of both of them spoolin at the line has gotta be killer!

I was practically standing betweeen them when they spooled...it was unreal.
Congrats to both of those teams for putting on a great show. If you guys had any idea of how hard they worked to come back and race Sunday, you would crap yourself. Lets Just say Top Fuel teams would be proud of both The Bentz boys and the Texas Diesel Power teams..... they freaking rock. :woohoo:

I heard that Robinson-and the Texas Diesel Power team was changing out pistons between runs!? Fark yeah!!

They changed more stuuf on that rig than you could Imagine. I saw more sportsmanship between racers this weekend than I have ever seen. Just about everyone broke something at one point or another in the pro classes, and everyone pooled resources to get back on the track.....It was way cool

RacinDuallie said:
I heard that Robinson-and the Texas Diesel Power team was changing out pistons between runs!? Fark yeah!!
LOL I heard pistons are HOT when they come right out of the engine... (trying to find the picture.)

brandon.

Timbeaux38 said:
I saw more sportsmanship between racers this weekend than I have ever seen. Just about everyone broke something at one point or another in the pro classes, and everyone pooled resources to get back on the track.....It was way cool

To me this is awesome. This is what makes the sport worth all the time, energy, money and tears. (Thinking of Rich's truck right now)

And this is what makes me think I'll be smiling in the years to come, for getting in to it. I don't know much about it right now, and some people may get annoyed at me for my "non-diesel" posts. But myself, and all the other newbies, have to start somewhere. Y'all started at the same place at one point or another in your lives. I'm just gettin a late start :p

It's because of team work and friendships built here, that people keep comin back, and new people join the diesel world.

Thanks you guys for showing me this.

OK, here is the "Rest of the Story".... As Paul Harvey woudl say....

First, if you have not met John and his crew, they are the funnest bunch of Texas good old boys you have ever been around. We hit it off the first time I got a call from him months back when he was building the car, and he had a bunch of questions on how we did ours, and what to do. I tried to help as much as I could, and he still thanks us for saving him a lot of hard work on not going the wrong way on putting the car together.

ANYWAY:

Yes, John blew not one but 2 turbos, and then stuck some pistons. He and crew pulled it down, scrounged up parts, and got it running for the final round.

We blew the turbo off the car in the second pass, and had to clean it all up and get ready for final round. When we warmed it, we found that we had blown a seal in the trans to overdrive, so knew we had no 3rd gear. We figured we would at least make a pass for the crowd.

We came up to the line, and agreed to have John stage first, as he has no trans brake. He went in, got spooled, and Dustin then crept in. Dustin hit the throttle, and the engine went to 30, then 40, then 50, then 60 pounds of boost against the converter. If you see the video, you will see the car then creep forward as the stator in the converter exploded, locking the converter up. We got a redlight just as the tree lit up.

Dustin ran it through 1st and 2nd and clicked it off.

John made it down the track, and when he shut it off, it locked up.

I think I have video of the pass, and will try to post it up as soon as I get back home... Still on the road.

So, do you want to amke a small fortune racing a diesel dragster, START WITH A LARGE ONE, right John?

Had a ball......

cool weekend biography, those are stories that are useally lost in the pits somewhere that most dont see or hear. great job guys:rockwoot:

I was curious why neither of the dragsters did burnouts?

Schied rail didn't even run did it? it was there...

9 LIVES said:
I was curious why neither of the dragsters did burnouts?

Schied rail didn't even run did it? it was there...
Had a long talk with Dan Scheid. (contrary to most spectators and forum posters, we all get along, Dan, John, and others) He is having hell with the Lenco, breaking shafts, clutches, and about every other part in the driveline. We know the feeling. We have broken the strongest shaft that ATI made in 2 passes. We now have a new "unbreakable" proMod shaft from another supplier that they will warranty for 1 year. I bet we will have a few free shafts.

In regards to the burnout, simple, we had a trans issue, and pulled to the line without faith in 3rd gear, john was 30 seconds away from sticking another piston. We wanted to get a side by side run for the crowd. We did our best, and we blew up $2000 in parts doing it, and so did John. Thanks to the DHRA for the purse money to at least cover our fuel for being runner up.

We are getting rteady for Truckfest, and hope to put on the best show ever.

I really hate that ya'll had such crappy luck with the rails this weekend, watching those suckers run down the track together would have been a highlight of the weekend for everybody there.

Kudo's for ya'lls effort guys :rockwoot:

dieseldragster said:
So, do you want to make a small fortune racing a diesel dragster, START WITH A LARGE ONE, right John?

Had a ball......
You just made that saying even better-AMEN brother Scott!

For the record let it be known that We didnt win that race, Dustin did. It was given to us. Our team is going through some growing pains right now. We made 30 passes & got a little faster each pass up to a 9.28. Then BAM!!!! The gods turned against us. I`m going to church this sunday & see if it will change our luck. This sport is still small enough that we can all know & love each other & have a good tiime. If that kind of brotherhood ever leaves the dhra I`ll go back to rodeo. bd, bullydog, turbonetics, Scheid, Bentz & others. We will pay back the favor someday! Not to take anything from anybody else but the dhra is a fun organization. Is`nt that what we`re here for? By the time Houston gets here the long car will be in the 8`s. I dont think our car is capable of much more than a 8.5. We know it`s slow but here again. We are running a stock motor with fuel air & spray. The other stuff will come later, we just wanted to see how far we could go with a setup that came out of a pickup. This next engine will be twin, & lowered compression. The lack of a wastegate has been the wall that we have been hitting lateley. Anyhoo, thanks for the kind words & By the way? Have I told you that I love you today?

I hate to interrupt the love fest going on here:hump: LOL LOL LOL

But did anyone get pics of these two class act teams spoolin on the line together??????????:rules:

For everyone that was there and seen the Robinson and the Bentz crew knew they worked for every pass they made. these cars are going to be awesome when they get them right... John we'll see you in Houston.

Back