First diesel rail side by side?

RacinDuallie said:
But did anyone get pics of these two class act teams spoolin on the line together??????????:rules:

Nope my Camera took a dump. I guess next time you'll just have to leace the great North and show up at an event. :hehe:

The gods turned against us. I`m going to church this sunday & see if it will change our luck.

Actually there are no Gods.....only one! The thing I always ask God what am I to learn from this, could be it was for the others so they could show the good in themselves.....think they did that!

Don't know what you have planned for the motor program but if you are sticking pistons or seeing more than average amounts of suffing that would be the first thing to address. I saw just a little of this on my motor when I hace the head off in Nov. Figure I will tear it down before next year and open it up a couple of thou to combat that, don't think 4 over will be needed but I may be wrong. Cummins specs are too tight for us HP guys.

Jim

Jim Fulmer said:
Actually there are no Gods.....only one! The thing I always ask God what am I to learn from this, could be it was for the others so they could show the good in themselves.....think they did that!

Don't know what you have planned for the motor program but if you are sticking pistons or seeing more than average amounts of suffing that would be the first thing to address. I saw just a little of this on my motor when I hace the head off in Nov. Figure I will tear it down before next year and open it up a couple of thou to combat that, don't think 4 over will be needed but I may be wrong. Cummins specs are too tight for us HP guys.

Jim
start with a motor that has 100k or so on it and you;ve got a race clearenced block.........

DIESEL POWER said:
start with a motor that has 100k or so on it and you;ve got a race clearenced block.........

Vert true!

Did you try that one thing we were talking about?

Jim

The first block had 206,000 on her, the 2nd had 150,000 plus. Our problems started when we got too gung-ho with the fuel. Greed will get ya every time!!!

Jim Fulmer said:
Vert true!

Did you try that one thing we were talking about?

Jim
yep should be here on thursday, and it will be 4 nozzels and 2 progressive shots------eventually:hehe:

John Robinson said:
The first block had 206,000 on her, the 2nd had 150,000 plus. Our problems started when we got too gung-ho with the fuel. Greed will get ya every time!!!
yea i heard the story, better luck next time

My Camera has a horrible delay, this was the only Rail Picture I could find from that pass.Not much

Attachments

• Diesel Rail.jpg
    Diesel Rail.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hey John! I gotta get that picture with the pistons! :hehe:

brnadon.

Here is a pic of a mexican field worker that came over to help out with the tune. I couldnt understand what he was saying but but it sounded good.:hehe:

Attachments

• joe farmer 1.jpg
    joe farmer 1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 36
John Robinson said:
Here is a pic of a mexican field worker that came over to help out with the tune. I couldnt understand what he was saying but but it sounded good.:hehe:

NICE! He was jabbering about something all weekend...all I heard was "Taco Bell"

Chris

John Robinson said:
the dhra is a fun organization. Is`nt that what we`re here for?

Thanks John, that is our goal.

All of the Pro Teams rocked this weekend. The Valvoline Dragster gave Scott and Dustin fits, your BD Texas Diesel Power dragster got the honors to be the first pit rebuild for DHRA, The Dr. Performance crew broke something every round, and Darren worked out bugs for his licensing passes.

But bottom line, like professionals each of you are, you were back around in front of the crowds as soon as possible, in most cases not missing a round of action even.

I know I appreciated that, and I am sure everyone in attendance feels the same way. Great job to all of you!!!

:clap: :clap:

DavidTD said:
Thanks John, that is our goal.

All of the Pro Teams rocked this weekend. The Valvoline Dragster gave Scott and Dustin fits, your BD Texas Diesel Power dragster got the honors to be the first pit rebuild for DHRA, The Dr. Performance crew broke something every round, and Darren worked out bugs for his licensing passes.

But bottom line, like professionals each of you are, you were back around in front of the crowds as soon as possible, in most cases not missing a round of action even.

I know I appreciated that, and I am sure everyone in attendance feels the same way. Great job to all of you!!!

:clap: :clap:

speaking of darren what did he end up running?

i have the video of the rail pass. but i dont know how to get it on here.:redx:

The Fat Kid
Andy

I was running like hell from my truck out in the lot trying to make it there to film the pass. I was coming right out of the tunnel into the stands when they passed by......maybe 10 seconds sooner (and some people getting the hell out of my way) and I could have had a great vid and pix...(it ain't easy double-fisting cameras!)

jamesl said:
speaking of darren what did he end up running?

Darren did his burn-outs and some 60 ft's. No times on the S-10 yet. It sounded great on the track and no doubt could be a contender in this field.

Back