Fletcher vs. Madson - DONE!

Rottin Rhonda

Entrepreneur
Fletcher vs. Madsen - DONE!

Well, I only heard about it third hand, but I understand that Fletcher spanked all comers in the heads-up including Richard and an 800+hp all-NOS truck to win the NW Nationals yet again! Sounds like it was pretty ugly, with Fletch riding the brakes from half track for one of the "competitors" and still running in the 10's and finishing waaaaaay in front. Hope some video is posted for those of us that missed it.
Congrats Fletcher! The question of "who's your daddy" has been answered. :kick: :eek:wned: :rockwoot:

Last edited by a moderator:
:blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1:
Bill ran well all day. I remember hearing nitrous purging when they staged. Bill sounded dissappointed that the rest of his team never showed up, but some things are just more important. It was a great show and it was a good show of sportsmanship afterwards when everyone shook hands and congradulated eachother and was able to speak fairly freely no matter who's team you were on. No trash talking no B.s., until this Thread showed its UGLY HEAD. Good run Bill, great launch Richard, great catch Lance! And awesome runs Arron, I ran alright, not what I was hoping for, but I did run Ok, No excuses. Steve

I see nothing ugly in this thread...just an update of a race that happened.

People that were there, even people that won, will tell you a much tamer story. All rumblings of a person not at the event, with her own "spice up". Sorry, I was there, racing. And I witnessed something a little different and much more to the story! But was a great time.

Last edited:
Third hand info can be that way, suffice it to say Fletcher won. Now, who ran what kind of times??

BONDO said:
People that were there, even people that won, will tell you a much tamer story. All rumblings of a person not at the event, with her own "spice up". Sorry, I was there, racing. And I witnessed something a little different and much more to the story! But was a great time.

Yep I am not surprised that Rhonda would start this post having not even attended this event, and then giving all the glory to Fletcher :blahblah1:
I will say that it was a real pleasure racing against Fletcher, and his truck and driving skills are top notch and he does deserve a big congrats.:rockwoot:
There were some very nice trucks as well as some excellent drivers, and it was a real pleasure to be around such great people. I think Fletcher has a good idea that had I not had to get out of the throttle several times as well as blowing up the big turbo at half track the outcome could have been different, of coarse my red light didn't help any :bang
If anything I think I proved that the truck makes some serious horsepower, and the Dynomite Diesel injectors are just awesome.:ylsuper:

Thanks, Deez. Love slow mo, till he blew his charger, A win is a win, But a Spank? Dunno.

I wish we could of placed a couple in truck cams!

That race actually snuck on us a bit, we didn't even have the boom in place, Camo did great job free handing that pass.

Hey Richard, was that as spooky in the cab as out?

Hey Bill, did you notice that big green thing pointed at you?

Great show guys... How 'bout 3 out of 5 next time! (just for my viewing pleasure):ylsuper:

Richard that was one hell of a launch you will have to teach me how to do that one someday :woohoo:

I give huge props out to Fletch, Maddog, and the entire staff and competitors in the NHRDA. What a great event! Other than the hurry up and wait we all went through with the timing issues I was happy to be at the track. I will say with all the bugs still to work out on my truck, being my FIRST year in the sport and not racing all year other than a few times I was extreemly happy with my performance. Driving to the track and home from the track running high 11s or close to it all day was a great experience. I didn't expect to win the "heads up" class but I came to race and even though I made like 5 hot laps at the track near the end of the day I raced and had a blast. Runner up in the Pro 1 and runner up in heads up is a great finish IMO to the years events. Bill is a great competitor and I look forward to seeing him at the track again. I doubt I will race him again as we are in way different weight classes (among other things) but fun is fun.
Good job to everyone that showed!:ylsuper:

Congratulations to both. Wish Richard wouldn't have broke though, looked like he was ahead, even with that crazy launch, up to that point. Still amazing how quick that truck is, considering its size.

Awesome race.. Richard launch was just Nasty... good job by both party's.

MrDeez said:
I wish we could of placed a couple in truck cams!

That race actually snuck on us a bit, we didn't even have the boom in place, Camo did great job free handing that pass.

Hey Richard, was that as spooky in the cab as out?

Hey Bill, did you notice that big green thing pointed at you?

Great show guys... How 'bout 3 out of 5 next time! (just for my viewing pleasure):ylsuper:

WOW!!!!!!! great video. Yep I had to check my shorts at the end of the run.:lolly:

That angle on the video is way way different than what I saw from behind the starting line:ylsuper:

As much fun as it is to stand at the starting line when 2 badass trucks run, it is not the best place to view a race.....unless you like to run sideways and see what board lights up first LOL

Back