Flint Hills Truck Pullers Association

90dodge

Always Broke
Has anybody on here pulled with these guys before? I'm pretty sure I saw that zstroken said he had over on CF, but maybe he can chime in a verify it.

How was it? Since they are in the area where I will end up, I may put my truck into one of their classes. Workstock or 2.6

How was it? Since they are in the area where I will end up, I may put my truck into one of their classes. Workstock or 2.6

It was fine, we used to pull the trash truck sled, but they quit using that one.

Would they be lenient on a first time puller? Safety rules to be precise.

I don't recall, your best bet is to ask someone.

Is this the type of pull you want me to go to? Hell...I guess it is better than nutin. :hehe: Still better than dress shoppin' with your wife. LOL

I'm going to try and run both the Workstock class and possibly the 2.6 class. Only problem is I need a gullotine. Know where I can source one? Or can one be made?

They have one pull left this year... I found this promo video (mudfest and pull looks like) and check out the wreck at 0:15 into the video!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyI3jQ3ulXw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyI3jQ3ulXw[/ame]

That's the one I plan on dragging jory to. Lol its only a little over an hour from us.

I'm hoping the middle of no where part will lessen the competitors. Lol I want to actually compete.

It just depends, I know the year we went, they had $500 first, $400 second, $300 third.

That was the only reason we went. It read 118 degrees on my overhead in spots, was a 3+ hour drive and got home at like 4 am in the morning, as we had to wait for a Thunderstorm to go through and they had to reprep the track.

I heard 1000 to the winner, and payout for the first 7. I feel like I'm going to regret letting that information go. LOL

I'd say you have a pretty good chance man. Competition seems to vary year to year. I try to make to as many of their pulls as I can cause it's the local to me association and the closest pull to me all year at 20mi from the house. Seem to have lost her contact info but Kelly Snider is the gal you'll want to talk to with any questions you might have. They have a page & contact info on fbook. Online their rules seem pretty legit & inline with most other associations rules. That being said, a lot of times they still just have a half dozen or so work stock trucks, Maybe a few 2.6 trucks & they end up throwing them all together. I get the impression they are happy enough if you show up, want to pull and pay your money they are gonna let you hook. Usually at this event, some pretty legit 2.6 trucks show up. Caged Hooker & Hillbilly Bone were there last time around if I remember correctly. Events they have in NE Kansas are usually attended by some good running trucks. This pull/mud run has a good location and IMHO if they can figure out how to get the show organized and keep things moving it stands a good chance of getting really big. The mud run is def well attended and they have 2 hill & hole tracks side by side with the pull track closest to the stands. In the past the sled has always been nice and the track looked to be moist clay based & hooks well. It is at the intersection of I-35 (exit #4) & US-166. Makes it easy for everybody to get to. Would be cool to meet a few of you guys, put some faces with some names & have some brews. :Cheer:

Back