Fuel or oil in P-pump? Few other questions...

Goalie990

I was taking off my afc housing and there seems to be fuel or fuel and soot in there. I dont think I have seen this on my other trucks. What does this mean? Also this truck came with jl machine 5x16s and they haze A LOT. Its supposed to be white at idle right? I know its not anything else but fuel but want to make sure. Also there really is no way around these things hazing at idle is there? Also it has 4k's and yes I know they are touchy but is there a way to stiffen up the petal so when you go over a bump your foot doesn't start bucking the truck lol.. Or what do you guys do to make it more manageable. It either on of off.

Thanks!

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

also is that a fitting for a fuel pressure gauge in the upper picture?

That's oil you are seeing under the afc housing. Yes, that looks like a fuel pressure gauge line. You can try backing off the gov springs a click or two to make them less jumpy. You will need to reset your idol after you do so.

You could try loosening up the gov springs a click or two that might help with them being so touchy.

yea i was wondering if anyone put another spring on there.. also how do i adjust the gov springs..So the oil is normal?

Yep oil is normal. You can adjust the springs with the afc off. Look down into the pump with a flashlight, bar the engine over until you see the springs. There are two sets.

so just take the afc off and look down in the pump and they are right there.. which way do i turn them left or right if im looking down the pump on the drivers side.

is there anyone in the southbend IN area that can work on these trucks besides a shop.

Any way besides smaller injectors to
Get rid of the haze? Also is the haze supposed to be white?

Yep oil is normal. You can adjust the springs with the afc off. Look down into the pump with a flashlight, bar the engine over until you see the springs. There are two sets.

What type of spring would you get?

5x.016's are gonna haze, nature of the beast, and yes, its supposed to be white/grey

ya white smoke is not good..:hehe: just give em to me..
Is that Eli's old truck? let me know if you want to get rid of them..

Just throw another return spring in there.

And i'll take those hazing injectors for a disposal fee :lolly:

I might take someone up on an offer of smaller injectors if you come change them. Will timing help hazing?

Back