Fueling a 7.3 to 4k and up.

Luke I don't have anything special. It's all in the tunes from Jody. My truck pulled the sled at 3500 with likely less fuel and air than you have.

kevin have you been on a dyno since you got you truck running right to see what RPM you are makeing peak HP at?
it would be interesting to see what the differance is between regular hybrids and sho's with good tuning on both to see what the rpm differance is.

No, and have no plans to. While knowing that information is nice I'd also like to keep the rods in the block. IMO the dyno is harder on the engine than the sled. If I could get on one that pulls from the top down I may give it a try but there is nothing close.

Come on Kevin,:poke: I already told you where that dyno is sitting, and how many countless times we've been on it. We start our pulls down from over 4500 down to about 2200 and it works great. I can understand not wanting to rod your block but I think that we have been harder on bens than the few pulls you would make on there... Just my .02 cents.

Oh, and Ross, It takes a Cam, Port work, Bigger valves, heavier springs, solid lifters, pushrods, and roller rockers, lowered CR, and a few other tricks to get there... and don't forget about the SHO's...

OR with enough :nos: You could probably do it short lived. LOL. :bang

Oh, and Ross, It takes a Cam, Port work, Bigger valves, heavier springs, solid lifters, pushrods, and roller rockers, lowered CR, and a few other tricks to get there... and don't forget about the SHO's...

OR with enough :nos: You could probably do it short lived. LOL. :bang

the cam, rockers exc. will come in the future but for now its just gonna get the sho's and big oil. I cant afford to do to many things at once :bang

I dont care if I make peak power at 3500+ for now, I just want some more rpms down the middle of the track before it starts to pull me down at the end. its all about ground speed :rockwoot:

I think I have found a spair long block. if this one goes I'll take my time on the next one and build it right:evil

the cam, rockers exc. will come in the future but for now its just gonna get the sho's and big oil. I cant afford to do to many things at once :bang

I dont care if I make peak power at 3500+ for now, I just want some more rpms down the middle of the track before it starts to pull me down at the end. its all about ground speed :rockwoot:

I think I have found a spair long block. if this one goes I'll take my time on the next one and build it right:evil

Many good points!!!! quickest truck to 200' will win a majority of the hooks

Back