G.M. Performance Parts Duramax Diesel Top Dragster final prep for testing .

Sorry, but I just have to ask this.....

In this technological age we live in, with its common integration of spelling checkers/correctors, how can a person so commonly misspell words?:banghead:

I need new lifters for my build I going to give you a call. What is the eta for a set?

They will work with a so cal rev kit?

Thanks

It wasn't my truck. I'm not the engine builder, but I think you miss understood what was said. These are going down the track rpms. Seems that my customer was running about the same rpm (4300-4500) you are going down the track at now. Then tested the lifters, and has now gained some rpms. Typically running from 4800-5400 rpm down the track. Of coarse this can depend on how good the track was and sled setting. The customer is happy with the lifters, they increased performance and were durable.

Yes, there is a lot to do with how the track and sled are set but I just didn't think it right for someone to mistakenly think that by just adding lifters to a duramax they would gain 300 + RPM. On a loose track we have seen 5800 RPM but I would not consider that normal conditions and in the 2.6" pulling class the turbo has much more to do with it than just about any one other component.

Troy Wakeman@Kirksville - YouTube

this was last weekend's pull.

For the record I have no issues with a well made lighter lifter and as I said that's a good thing but I do not see it adding 300+ RPM by just switching them out.

Last edited:
Yes, there is a lot to do with how the track and sled are set but I just didn't think it right for someone to mistakenly think that by just adding lifters to a duramax they would gain 300 + RPM. On a loose track we have seen 5800 RPM but I would not consider that normal conditions and in the 2.6" pulling class the turbo has much more to do with it than just about any one other component.

Troy Wakeman@Kirksville - YouTube

this was last weekend's pull.

For the record I have no issues with a well made lighter lifter and as I said that's a good thing but I do not see it adding 300+ RPM by just switching them out.

I honestly did not expect to see these gains either, but this is the feed back I have been given. I believe this is on a 3.0 turbo not a 2.6. I sell these also for tractors, mostly in the limited 3000 rpm class. You would be surprised what a ligther valve train does.

A better part is always a good bet. I went with Jesel, but I like Eric's lifter now that I see them.
When you get to the serious cam profiles with aggressive acceleration ramp rates and high lifts the heads are now wanting ( over .600 ) then the weight on the lifter side starts to become critical.
Where this really comes in is on the core when the biggest LSA will only go to 112. To keep the timing events in the correct places with that tight of a LSA you have to slam the exhaust close and lean on the opening of the intake. On my wider 116 or 118 LSA core you can back off of ramp rate.

Im going back on the spintron in January with a Dmax , and Ill test the samples that Eric is sending.

I need new lifters for my build I going to give you a call. What is the eta for a set?

They will work with a so cal rev kit?

Thanks

Right now we are in the process of manufacturing more. Most of the batch is already spoken for, but there should be a set left. This batch should be done in few weeks. This means in about a month we will make more, and should be ready again by the beginning of Dec.

I believe they will work with the socal rev kit. We built in the spring cup on top of the lifter, but to be honest you will not need it. We tested the lifters at 120 lb of seat spring pressure, and no rev kit.

I don’t see a benefit in a rev kit on a Dmax, I’ll try one on the spintron next month, but my dual spring package is 160 lbs. on the seat at 1.650. We are turning this spring with stock lifter over 6000 rpms with extremely aggressive cam profiles. The spring coil binds at .920 and comes with heat treated chrome moly or titanium for about the price of most people single springs. On my engine program, I use a .150 longer valve.
. On my engine program, I use a .150 longer valve . and life the valve close to.600

I have over 300 sets of these out and zero problems with lifters

DSCN1216-1.jpg

P1040751copy.jpg

Last edited:
I agree I don't think the rev kit will gain you much, plus it is a pain in the back side when switching out cams. 160 at the seat with dual springs, and a TI retainer would be a good setup.

Took a look at the chevy hemi again. Problem on the farside valve will be the pushrod angle. I looked at the block with a pushrod, and there isn't enough room to put it on such an angle. Even grinding out the block would be a problem because of water jackets right next to the lifter galley. Still brain storming on the 2 valve option. 4 valve still looks better though.

the 2 valve head is needed for the pullers rules , but in drag racing , I think the rules are now wide open.
eather way 2 or 4 valve with a big bore 500+ cfm of air will make some killer hp

I was really hoping you was going to keep to the schedule you posted, many were excited to see this thing run after just hearing about it for soo many years.....talk is cheap let us know when your going to be able to test. Now weather is going to be an excuse for the next several months Im sure. I through something together in the past couple months and made my first passes last night, it had been 2+ years already. Point is we have been Hearing too much for too Long with nothing to show Im sure Im not the only one to feel this way. I know your reply will be cost at this level...it takes time to do things right... and so on but come on it has been a long time now. Before weather hits us you need some seat time, set a other wise stock engine in it for the mean time... no ones worried about records just get some seat time in, worry with going fast during next season

Tucker

September 14-16 Thunder Valley Raceway Park Noble, Okla. Top Dragster

Sept. 20-23 Texas Motorplex • Dallas, TX Super Comp

October 12-14 Royal Purple Raceway Park Houston, Texas Top Dragster 0r October 12-14 JEGS NHRA Pacific SPORTSnationals Las Vegas, Nev. Top Dragster

Oct. 25–28 The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway • Las Vegas Top Dragster

SEMA Oct 30 – Nov 2
November 2-4 The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Las Vegas, Nev. Top Dragster

Last edited:
AGAIN!

I really surprised you thought he would do what he said. I'm glad you got something going. We need more cars not talk like some others. Goodluck and maybe you can tell us about what you have now Ryan. Hope to see you at a few races next year.

All you can do is take a man for his word, what else do we really have.

I wished I would have meet up with you at the ennis race, I enjoy visiting with folks that do what they say thier going to do. Your car looked geat by the way I was very glad to see you dip in the 7's in front of the world finals crowd. Congrats

Tucker

I know you’re doing this as a gig, but I have been busy not only with the car, but with several other programs, including a NHRA 500 inch Pro Stock team, that is taking a lot of my time. No excuses, I don’t really care what you are the others that will dog pile on after this think. I’ll do this on my schedule , I have to pay for all of this , as I have only all of my other programs.

The new wiring harness has taken a lot of resources away from the dragster, and now that it’s ready to go to market. I will have 20 harnesses back for the harness ready to make neat engine transplants starting with a really pristine SS 454 pickup.

As to putting a stock motor in it, why, none of the parts will work, the convertor stalls above the red line of a stock motor.
I am also not interested in going 8.50 or even 7.50 if it doesn’t run deep in the 6’s I am not interested in racing it. As you have seen from the pictures, it’s almost there, but just like everyone else does it, on a budget, I do as well.

So I know you started this for a reason, proceed, I’ll get back to work, I just finished a 30 min segment on Auto World / Motor Trend radio talking about diesel performances a few mins ago.

Ive been one of the few thats always stayed positive in your threads and gave props and encouragment, never a negative word.

But I fill with this economy the diesel thing could be a fad thats here for now and who knows in 3-5 years. No adgenda here, dont over think it. I didnt come up with the schedule that you posted that you'd be running this year, just another person dissapointed to see it not happen again. Im sure your diesel bussiness would greatly improve as well If your products performed as well on the track as they do in all the pictures that you have posted for years, Id think thiers no better way to sell parts than sell the ones you go fast with. Remember the race on Sunday sell on Monday days.....

Back