Garmon's Diesel Performance and Drivetrain Sponsors Cruz Pedregon!!

Weren't on the left when they did the walk around showing the body damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Round 2....
6c0c4ed7-9dac-cdbd.jpg
6c0c4ed7-9dc3-8c96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with some others here. While bad ass that he has his sticker on the side of the car, garmon's didn't win anything. Your post almost insinuated that garmon built, raced, or owns a car. Hell with enough money anyone here could slap a sticker on the window of a race car. That doesn't give anyone the opportunity to take the credit away from those who actually earned it.

hmmmmm, what have you done to help spread the word about diesel motorsports? It has to start somewhere and forking over that kind of coin to go on a funny-car is pretty far above and beyond. We all know the dipsh!ts that attend events like TS and Schied dont help us any driving like a bunch of idiots. If we want our sport to go somewhere, we cant just advertise to ourselves, especially if we might try to join the mainstream like the NHRA. Without sponsors, our motorsports go nowhere. Cruz set a record with his car, crew, motor builders, fabricators, owner, and sponsors. Im pretty sure money comes from team owners/sponsors and i think you have to pay people to make things go fast but forgive me if im wrong, i have a "competition truck in the works" so my mind seems to be elsewhere.

hmmmmm, what have you done to help spread the word about diesel motorsports? It has to start somewhere and forking over that kind of coin to go on a funny-car is pretty far above and beyond. We all know the dipsh!ts that attend events like TS and Schied dont help us any driving like a bunch of idiots. If we want our sport to go somewhere, we cant just advertise to ourselves, especially if we might try to join the mainstream like the NHRA. Without sponsors, our motorsports go nowhere. Cruz set a record with his car, crew, motor builders, fabricators, owner, and sponsors. Im pretty sure money comes from team owners/sponsors and i think you have to pay people to make things go fast but forgive me if im wrong, i have a "competition truck in the works" so my mind seems to be elsewhere.

And that pretty much sums it up!!!!

Props to Jeff for thinking outside the box...
Swinging for the fence! Nice!

You wouldn't believe some of the conversations Jeff said he'd had with folks.
Mostly the ones that had no clue!
Some that knew but didn't care until now.
Some that know and also know about "How we act".

Like it or not. It's going to be a good thing!

Just left the GDP shop, saw lots of awesome pictures from the race. Jeff and Amy said they had an amazing time at the race. I learned some pretty interesting nitro-meth engine technical info today as well...

Obviously you weren't fast enough to read the original post/title before it was edited. He originally worded it in a way that was misleading and took away from the efforts of the driver/team. He admitted this and edited as well. I am not saying it isn't a bad ass thing or that Garmon wasn't a contribution to the team, organization, and the sport. I was just pointing out that the original post was taking credit away from others.

Obviously you weren't fast enough to read the original post/title before it was edited. He originally worded it in a way that was misleading and took away from the efforts of the driver/team. He admitted this and edited as well. I am not saying it isn't a bad ass thing or that Garmon wasn't a contribution to the team, organization, and the sport. I was just pointing out that the original post was taking credit away from others.

Agreed

Once again folks... That was my bad (brain fart) for wording it like I did.
Never meant for it to sound like that at all. And in my head it didnt, but others thought so.

He's was a contributing factor regardless how small it was. Much as every sponsor on that vehicle.

Once again folks... That was my bad (brain fart) for wording it like I did.
Never meant for it to sound like that at all. And in my head it didnt, but others thought so.

He's was a contributing factor regardless how small it was. Much as every sponsor on that vehicle.

You have a brain fart? LOL Never.

I think it is freaking cool..... I had several buddies out my way on the lookout for it that called Sunday.

LOL, with all the bashing back and forth I'm surprised nobody jumped on bashing Cruz (which takes place a lot on the gasser websites)!

Kudos to Jeff & Amy for stepping up to promote diesel motorsports outside of our existing market. Personally I would have rather seen them sponsor someone like Tim Wilkerson (I doubt you could find anyone on the planet to say a bad thing about Tim), but no matter what there was a diesel motorsports company being seen by millions of people!

Hahaha...phukkin' haters everywhere. It was worded wrong...everybody commence to gettin' your lacey, zippered-crotch thongs un-knotted.

Also, it seems like sponsorships have everything to do with how a car is mentioned in certain conversations. Example: If Tony Stewart wins a race, he says something like "Man, that Office Depot car sure ran today". He doesn't mention Steve Addington, or whoever built his motor. Nobody assumes Office Depot built the car because their name is on it.

Congrats to Jeff on getting some diesel publicity front and center in the big-time racing scene. I'm glad it's him personally, he's a hell of a guy that's helped me more with my trucks than could be expected from any shop.

Very well stated man.

And a big congrats goes out to the whole Garmon Crew for doing there part and trying to bring some well needed positive attention to the community.

I knowif I were Jeff and my business name was on the side of a funny car etc a pic of it would be hanging in my shop for sure......that just doesn't happen everyday.

Very cool....congrats again Jeff.

Swole buddy people just like hating on you every time you post anything.....

Swole buddy people just like hating on you every time you post anything.....

:lolly:

Well, Ya gotta give'm Somethin!!! LOL

I do my share of stupid chit and have Plenty of brain farts... I'm not getting any younger...lol

It's all good... It gives me a reality check though...Everytime I think the world / people might be coming around, someone lets me know that things haven't changed much. If any...

Plus, it keeps me "thick skinned" for the job... God knows I take WAY more with it...lol

Hope you're doing well Jason!
You need to come visit us sometime...
Or show up at one of the races Jeff is sponsoring.
I may fly out to Englishtown next weekend with Jeff & Amy...

Last edited:
^^^^^^^ yeah I may need to make a road trip before to long for sure. Truck needs injectors though before I make the trip....there showing signs of weekness...hahaha

I'm not going to be around next weekend...going on a little family vacation otherwise I would make the trip to englishtown.

Back