Gathering up some parts, need some help!

The primary looks to be in a good location. Bolt the engine adapter on and you'll see your down pipe clearance. IIRC, in my 2nd gen, the turbo wanted to be out a little further. But its been a while since I built those.

0cf9297d0d456fd0dbf340b3e42e2c68.jpg

Any opinions as to if my primary needs to be tucked in closer to the engine? I'd like to build the new charge pipe before I put the engine back in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine sat here
44683709-7670-4E0A-A64C-B691C6EC33AB-17015-00000BC7566D3D78_zps0a4ed450.jpg

Have you given any thought to how you are going to run the injector return from the head yet? The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of running AN lines and fittings, but wanted to incorporate a check valve on the injector return just to prevent the engine from loosing prime.

Have you given any thought to how you are going to run the injector return from the head yet? The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of running AN lines and fittings, but wanted to incorporate a check valve on the injector return just to prevent the engine from loosing prime.

I'm running all AN lines and fittings. I just started doing some of the plumbing, I will post pics up tomorrow for ya. I was only running a check valve in the p7100 return not the injector return.

Careful with adding pressure to the injector return

i tied my pump return into the factory stuff. hasn't seemed to produce any adverse effects with the 50psi+ coming out of the pump.

Nearly completed with the engine, and now I'm starting to gear up to install it into the truck. I had picked up a great deal on a Fully built ATS trans on hear a while ago, and it came with a 5 disc converter. I have never messed around with different stall speeds, and wanted an opinion on what speed may work well (Spool quickly to cut down on smoke). Its a S477 over a S363 with 6x16 sacs w/ a maxed 180 pump. I was thinking of running on the looser side. I was even thinking of maybe selling this converter and callng Phil, since I have heard so many good things.

Last edited:
Looks pretty slick!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man, taking my time with this thing to get it all together nicely and not hack it. I'll be getting the truck over to the race shop next weekend hopefully. I gotta figure exactly what I can chop off the harness to get it as clean as possible.

Sure the return line on the back of the head will clear the firewall? I had to use w tighter fitting on mine

Can anyone tell me, can I run my AFC boost reference into the charge tube coming from the I/C instead of in the intake?

Back