Governor springs- how tight?

I would not be afraid to crank on that 12 valve.

Nor would I. I had 200K on mine before I started modding. It was @ 300K when I put some large injectors and a sled puller 66 on it. Just because she’s old doesn’t mean she needs to slow down. It’s better to burn out than to fade away.

I ain’t scared! Haha I got faith in this ol truck. I should. I’ve kept it longer than anything I've ever owned. It has been good to me going on 4 years now.

I may seem like a fanboy, but PDD has some great compound videos for 12v’s. Most recent customer 12v had a 362/476 and made 900 on the dyno after a head swap. With supporting mods.

Think I watched that. White dually? Maybe I start with a t3 and compound eventually. Depends on what kind of deals I can find really.

Going to fmvb so street driving shouldn’t be to hard to keep on top of the turbo whatever I choose.

Is this truck your daily driver? I don't think I'd want want a FMVB in something I drove a lot. GotSmoke put one in his and ended up going back.

It is currently my daily Scott. I have a high tolerance for stuff that most don’t put up with in a daily driver haha. I’m talking 600hp 4 cylinders, crawler on 40’s, LSx vehicles with cams that surge like hell in parking lots. Those are all previous daily vehicles. Not saying I haven’t grown out of a lot of that, but I don’t think I will be bothered whatsoever by shifting. Got a good deal on a B&M gated shifter and some latching switches in the grip for lock up and OD.

That being said, the fmvb was going to be the route I wanted to go for the 467 to help keep the rpm’s up as needed. Now that you fellas got me questioning that I’m not sure it’s needed if I go t3/compounds. Wouldn’t mind shifting as I said, but if it’s not needed I’m not going to do it for the hell of it haha

It is currently my daily Scott. I have a high tolerance for stuff that most don’t put up with in a daily driver haha. I’m talking 600hp 4 cylinders, crawler on 40’s, LSx vehicles with cams that surge like hell in parking lots. Those are all previous daily vehicles. Not saying I haven’t grown out of a lot of that, but I don’t think I will be bothered whatsoever by shifting. Got a good deal on a B&M gated shifter and some latching switches in the grip for lock up and OD.

That being said, the fmvb was going to be the route I wanted to go for the 467 to help keep the rpm’s up as needed. Now that you fellas got me questioning that I’m not sure it’s needed if I go t3/compounds. Wouldn’t mind shifting as I said, but if it’s not needed I’m not going to do it for the hell of it haha

I also put up with a lot for dd. Dd a fmvb for about a year and it got old. I found a cheap relay board that latches for momentary switches if the switches you have don't end up working. Honestly a well tuned/stalled auto can light pretty quick with the help of some brake boost if your rolling

Yea I’ll have to figure it out once I decide on a turbo. Gotta re read the tens of threads I have saved on super b specials, 467’s and compounds haha not looking to go berserk with the truck, but like I mentioned 650-700hp would be plenty fun for goofing off on the street and running some 7 second passes on the weekend.

Appreciate all the info and opinions for sure.

Not all springs and seats are the same. Some pumps require extra love. You always have to have a measurable amount of distance between the idle spring and the first inside spring. Thats your idle area. That way you can still get good idle and start up without any throttle input. Hope that makes some since.

Makes perfect sense, thanks for the info. Wish I had a clue as to what is in this pump, but easy enough to change if needed.

Back