Hadley Air Horns

Rob D

Get R' Done
Just bought a pair of these - going to install this weekend. I don't think I want the horns to be visible so was just wondering where guys on here have installed them (considering they are over 2 ft long), along with the tank and compressor. Kit comes with 50ft of tubing that you can use to inflate tires as well (cool option) so I'd want easy access. Thanks

what about putting them where your spare tire sits nice and tucked away

95psd said:
what about putting them where your spare tire sits nice and tucked away

I don't have them, but that sounds like a good place

Can you get them on a diagonal in front of the rad behind the grill?

i have mine on the outside of the frame on the passenger side. Two facing rear and one facing front. But for the style of horns you have, the spare tire area is the best fit

Where did you mount your tank and compressor Sprman? Also, what tank and compressor do you have?

Here is the set of horns and compressor/tank that I got from "THATpreston"; this is the best gift anyone could recieve....well for your truck anyways :hehe:

I have everything mounted on the passanger side, under the bed before the leaf springs. The horns are facing forward and I haven't had any issues with them; except for the few fingers that have flown my way.

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG

Everything was clean yesterday....it rained today.

Here are soom pics of my setup.
100_0301.jpg

100_0299.jpg

100_0300.jpg

100_0298.jpg

100_0296.jpg

My setup has 2 five gallon air tanks and an added air hose reel w/ 25ft. of hose. Everything is mounted under the cab and bed.

everything is on the frame rail on the passenger side. Looks like the ones posted above.

Yea, i think i'm gonna have to steal it too. right now i have a small 3 quart tank under the truck. I poked a hole in my 3 gal tank and i had the 3 quart tank sitting there and always said i was gonna get a bigger one, but never have. Now that i see your set up, i think i'm gonna order me a new tank, and i already have the hose reel and spare hose.

6.0kingranch, what compressor do you have?

The hose real is a neat mod.... I don't think it would last up here in the salt though...

couldn't you get like a braided SS hose or something to help last against the salt?

The horns I bought are about 2' in length - I havn't gotten under the truck yet bc its been rain or snow all freakin week. I'm not sure if that'll fit in the spare tire area, but I like the frame mounted system bc I wouldn't want to get a flat and not have the spare...thanks guys

I think it's the best idea I have ever had. By far the best mod to the truck. You don't know how many times a trailers have flat tires.

Im gona have to agree with Santa..Thats one bad setup. I only have 1 5gallon tank and never thought of running an air chuck on it. I may have to upgrade consindering all the times I go to the dunes.

VEry nice

The horns I bought are about 2' in length - I havn't gotten under the truck yet bc its been rain or snow all freakin week. I'm not sure if that'll fit in the spare tire area, but I like the frame mounted system bc I wouldn't want to get a flat and not have the spare...thanks guys

You should be able to start high in front of the rad, and have them come down and fire towards the ground no? I'm gonna have to look at mine when I get home. That's where I want to put a set of Grover Stutter-Tones... Should get the job done.

I wasn't too worried about the hose rusting, more the retractor assembly. It would be killer to have though.

I wasn't too worried about the hose rusting, more the retractor assembly. It would be killer to have though.

That's what I worry about too.......otherwise I'd be all over that mod.

I have a 9 gallon tank I need to mount along with the compressor (have some horns too).

I put my compressor and tank in my toolbox with a 25' slinky hose. Put the horn on the passenger side under the door and ran the air line through the frame and dropped it out right by the door. I love my setup, except I run 18wheeler horns vs. trains horns.

Back