Hand throttle on a cr?

6.7puller

Cummins nut
Anyone have a hand throttle set up on a common rail? If so, how about some pictures of your setup?

Isnt the engine still drive by wire? Did i miss something?

I wanna put one in my puller.

Once again, why a hand throttle on a CR Puller?

Just put the throttle position sensor on a dial, and you could run it with the twist of the wrist!

Last edited:
Once again, why a hand throttle on a CR Puller?

Just put the throttle position sensor on a dial, and you could run it with the twist of the wrist!
I guess the main reason is I just want one. Second, I feel it would be easier to control on a rough track.

I guess the main reason is I just want one. Second, I feel it would be easier to control on a rough track.

Control it with a knob, I think that would be cool. Or maybe find a throttle off or an arcade game, or one out of an old airplane.

I have a throttle setup out of a boat that I thought about using.

Control it with a knob, I think that would be cool. Or maybe find a throttle off or an arcade game, or one out of an old airplane.

I have a throttle setup out of a boat that I thought about using.

I like the airplane type throttle idea, that would be pretty cool. I think a knob would be touchy.

take off the foot pedal, connect an adjustable rod to the current foot feet mechanism, gooing to take a little welding. Weld a pin or a bolt onto the side of the bare foot feet lever. Then make a swivel piece to put on it and connect it to the rod that goes to your hand trottle. If that makes any sense...

take off the foot pedal, connect an adjustable rod to the current foot feet mechanism, gooing to take a little welding. Weld a pin or a bolt onto the side of the bare foot feet lever. Then make a swivel piece to put on it and connect it to the rod that goes to your hand trottle. If that makes any sense...

Gotcha, I spent a little time lookin at the pedal and had about the same idea. Still surprised more CR guys dont run them.

why not just tap in to the signal wire with a toggle to 5v hot so when you get moving you hit the toggle to fool it into holding it wide open

its the getting to full throttle part slow and easy is the problem. extremely touchy. Thats why most pullers put a hand throttle on, better control up to the full throttle position.

The whole idea of a hand throttle is a long more controllable throw. Be it mechanical or drive by wire.
Personally, I have the linearity set up so there is a large throttle movement from 60% FMR and 100% and the foot feed is pretty good.

My vp puller has a hand throttle I went from the 2" travel that the pedal gives Ya to about 4 or 5 inches of travel with the hand throttle. Much much eaiser to control lighting the turbo.

I think i may put a hand throttle on my kitchen lights. I was told it will allow me to light the lights easier to control my power bill!

Back