Hand throttle on a cr?

its the getting to full throttle part slow and easy is the problem. extremely touchy. Thats why most pullers put a hand throttle on, better control up to the full throttle position.

Couldnt you tune the touchiness out of it with your laptop? I have a lightweight gov on my p7100 and the only time it can be touchy is if your driving around at 2500rpm plus and hit bumps and your foot moves a good amount. That doesnt happen when sitting still.

Couldnt you tune the touchiness out of it with your laptop? I have a lightweight gov on my p7100 and the only time it can be touchy is if your driving around at 2500rpm plus and hit bumps and your foot moves a good amount. That doesnt happen when sitting still.

That is the way mine is, only time it is touchy is in the 1500-2500 rpm range.

Once it hits 1500 under no load it just wants to really start to climb.

I'm looking into doing this in a buddies truck for drag racing. He only has one leg and it's hard for him to launch the truck consistent. I was thinking about adding a second tps inline with the original tps on the stock pedal. I haven't looked into the wiring or feasability yet though. Just a though I had.

ISP 2012 Season - YouTube

half way thru the vid you can see in the incab vids the set up i have on the duramax. (i know its not a dodge but still a cr)

make sure you mount the throttle close to your body in the seat so your arm is not extended out to far to hold it stead while coming out of the hole and slipping the clutch.

and hand-throttles help a lot even on a cr. i wouldnt lmfao til u tried it. and dont forget it still has to return to 0% via a spring of some sort (dead mans throttle) PPL techs that everytime around here

Last edited:
ISP 2012 Season - YouTube

half way thru the vid you can see in the incab vids the set up i have on the duramax. (i know its not a dodge but still a cr)

make sure you mount the throttle close to your body in the seat so your arm is not extended out to far to hold it stead while coming out of the hole and slipping the clutch.

and hand-throttles help a lot even on a cr. i wouldnt lmfao til u tried it.

How do you have it hooked up? Did you buy the handle somewhere and make it work, or is is all custom?

My vp puller has a hand throttle I went from the 2" travel that the pedal gives Ya to about 4 or 5 inches of travel with the hand throttle. Much much eaiser to control lighting the turbo.

Really On a vp? Mash the pedal to the floor.... It's only gonna turn ~4k lol

How do you have it hooked up? Did you buy the handle somewhere and make it work, or is is all custom?

We cut the foot pedal off the stock assembly and welded a piece of 1x1 square tube to it for a handle then wrapped it like a hockey stick so my hand doesn't slip off and bolted it to the floor of the cab.

the guys is asking a question about something he wants to do i dont know why everyone has to be such smartass dickheads....

the guys is asking a question about something he wants to do i dont know why everyone has to be such smartass dickheads....

i guess some people were just born knowing everything about everything, and anyone else is dumb to them.

I supposed you could tap the signal wires and use a linear potentiometer.

lcp12_linear_potentiometer.gif

It'd feel better than using a knob and at least give you a visual of how far you are pushing it. $.02

Wouldn't you need to keep the idle validation switches? The factory tps assembly has everything built into it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't you need to keep the idle validation switches? The factory tps assembly has everything built into it...

Yes. There is a normally open and one normally closed validation switch in the APPS. It could be fooled with a little creativity. The easiest would be to use a "slider" potentiomenter. Then you can put micro limit switches on each end. That could be a full functional replacement for the APPS.

Might be easy to take a second gen style apps and mount that. With that bell crank might be easy to mount and adapt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Don't think they used those switches from 2004.5 auto and below. 06 and up will just be parallel potentiometers.

I supposed you could tap the signal wires and use a linear potentiometer.

lcp12_linear_potentiometer.gif

It'd feel better than using a knob and at least give you a visual of how far you are pushing it. $.02

I can see how that would work good, but that stuff seems way over my head.:what:

Back