Hardened factory rods vs billet rods?

I don't know about 1600 hp , that's a bit much. I have always heard 1200 and or timing related

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u7u4enuv.jpg

I remember when it used to say max hp was 1300. That being said, I'd like to also know what trucks out there are 1600hp on "stock" rods that Jamie is claiming he has.

I'd be interested in a list of pullers over 1600 HP and what class they run in.

Surely CPP doesn't supply hardened rods for several top tier mod class pullers because we all know 2.6 and the vast majority of 3.0 pullers are not making in excess of 1600 HP at the flywheel.

If you are a 3.0 puller in the midwest without 1600hp, you shouldnt even unload it off the trailer.

Well I believe the cpp pulling truck is around 1200hp and jamie said their trucks are running their rods. Idk just relaying what I was told. I doubt I'll ever be over 1200 hp and the cpp rods will be in a fully built 6.7l crate engine so as long as jamie stands behind it I'll run them in his engine. Hard driven Street truck btw.

God god. If you threw 20% at my chassis numbers comes in around 1900 flywheel. But that's with 2 3.0 inducers. Can't fathom almost doing it with a single. Seems a little bloated to me. That mod truck a little while back that likes to run the unlimited single was 1750 I think.

God god. If you threw 20% at my chassis numbers comes in around 1900 flywheel. But that's with 2 3.0 inducers. Can't fathom almost doing it with a single. Seems a little bloated to me. That mod truck a little while back that likes to run the unlimited single was 1750 I think.
Remember with the MWE trickery that goes on, most are running the equivalent of a 4.0" charger. I remember someone claiming to have swapped a 3.96" as-cast cover on a 3.0" competition charger and picked up < 50hp.

Also to the OP, if this is going in a 6.7, hardened rods bend around 800hp. Let me know if you want pictures.

I'd trust stock rods in a 1200hp mechanical injection puller more than I would trust them in a 800hp electronic street driven 6.7.

Only he said hardened rods, not stock rods
Brad's correct. The mechanical stress in a 12v application is less because you don't have variable timing to get the torque down low. In reality, torque is what kills 6.7 rods. Something that turns 5k and makes a 1000hp is going to make 1200tq. Conversely, something that turns 2500 and makes 1000hp is going to show double the torque. That is the cylinder pressure and duration that kills rods.

Yes he did kill all of them iirc. Common rail I wouldn't ever build without billet

The hardened rods are not recommended over 1500hp. Anything more is on borrowed time. I know a guy who had them over 1600hp already, but he had twin turbos and never lugged it. There are also a few more who are members on this forum. They can chime in if they like, not my place to throw out names. I had a very good conversation with Van about this subject and he agreed that 1500hp is when his hardened rods started failing.

Lmao what a crock of ****, you can make any of the rods live when you have to start the engines with 2 cans of ****ing ether. Jesus christ when does the smoke and mirrors die?

There are people who have made big power on hardened rods...but lots of thing need to be took into thought about such as; compression ratio, timing, rod stroke ratio, and rpm that you are trying to run. As well as other issues.

All I know is if we would have bought rods before they came out it would have saved several thousand dollars. But thays the way it goes.

Anyone that spends the money to make 1500 and cheaps out on a set of rods is on crack.

Are carillos the only good route for billet rods? Are carillos the cheapest billet rod? What does a set of monster mikes rods run? If jamie is willing to stand behind his rods in his crate engine at 1000hp I'll try em. If not I may get billets.

I would find it wierd for jamie to be able to put a warranty on them considering on my carrilo box it states this is a performance product therefore there is not warranty. If he does then well done on standing behind your advertising.

Back