Hardened factory rods vs billet rods?

I would find it wierd for jamie to be able to put a warranty on them considering on my carrilo box it states this is a performance product therefore there is not warranty. If he does then well done on standing behind your advertising.

I don't think he's talking about CPP warrantying Carrilos. He's talking about CPP standing behind hardened rods.

I would check if this "standing behind" covers all damage from a rod failure, not just a replacement set of rods.

Actually, I wouldn't check that, because I wouldn't use hardened rods in a 1000hp 6.7.

There's the odd thing I regret along the way with my build. Billet rods sure as hell isn't one of them and mine were $5k and the best option at the time.

I don't think he's talking about CPP warrantying Carrilos. He's talking about CPP standing behind hardened rods.

I would check if this "standing behind" covers all damage from a rod failure, not just a replacement set of rods.

Actually, I wouldn't check that, because I wouldn't use hardened rods in a 1000hp 6.7.

Well they would be in a cpp crate engine that I believe has a 1 year 12k mi warranty.

We warranty our engines 3 years 75000 miles with our rods installed. That is a full warranty which covers all internals.

What if your rod breaks and knocks a hole in the block taking the can and ppump with it???

We warranty our engines 3 years 75000 miles with our rods installed. That is a full warranty which covers all internals.

Ok way better warranty than i remembered lol. Thanks jamie. I don't see where you could go wrong. If a rod is going to fail at 1k hp it's going to fail long before 75k mi. I don't have a p pump, but i imagine it's possible it could take out my cp3. I'm guessing guys have chucked rods into their pumps before?

I have seen them chucked into a ppump. I have seen several common rails that needed an ecm after they caught the rod too.

What if your rod breaks and knocks a hole in the block taking the can and ppump with it???

I would have to pay for a new pump and a can then. Our engines are covered period. I don't play games on warranty.

Jamie, That is darn good warranty!

This might help the discussion..........792,000xBHP/C.I.x rpm=avg cyl pressure

Last edited:
Back