he351 spring style wastegate actuator

Anyone have a spring/nut setup that is adjustable they'd be willing to part with for an S300? Bought a wastegated housing without an actuator. Would be a God send.

Yeah SD's is 99.00 new. Was wondering if anyone on here had an extra used. Seems like a better option than a reference line with a normal actuator.

Indeed there is, but figured this would be easiest cuz merely posting in here sends an email out to the people that have them ya know? Will post a thread in WTB as well.

I went to Fastenal and bought 3-4 different springs for $7 bucks. Then I just tried them out. Hooked one end to the flapper and the other to the wastegate bracket where the diaphragm used to mount and POW! spring wastegate.

-Dustin-

Yeah SD's is 99.00 new.
$100 for a bracket?

Get an eye bolt and mirror bracket. Done, $6 at worst.
506066_front200.jpg
rp142.jpg

It still doesn't change the fact spring wastegates perform poorly.

Last edited:
Just had a machinist friend do mine.

351spring.jpg

He also drilled the waste port to 1".

Now I'm wondering, since the area of a 1" circle is roughly .79", could I take a "pull type" or "fishing" scale, hook it to the shaft where the linkage connects to the gate lever, and estimate what psi it will open at?

Just had a machinist friend do mine.

351spring.jpg

He also drilled the waste port to 1".

Now I'm wondering, since the area of a 1" circle is roughly .79", could I take a "pull type" or "fishing" scale, hook it to the shaft where the linkage connects to the gate lever, and estimate what psi it will open at?

Looks good, a lot better than the ones I made.

Back