He351cw over S480 Compound Turbo Setup

Copy thanks. My GTA4202 has a 3.5" discharge but want 3" for velocity and easy of fabrication. Ill have to find a 3.5-3" transition.

Great work will, looks good.

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

Copy thanks. My GTA4202 has a 3.5" discharge but want 3" for velocity and easy of fabrication. Ill have to find a 3.5-3" transition.

Great work will, looks good.

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

The v-band adapter I bought for my gt42 would accept a 3" pipe inside it or a 3.5" outside of it. Check racepartsolutions.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just found it. Search cobra downpipe cummins.

I'm curious now if it would help me. I'm swapping from that s400 to a gated gt42, so the turbine housing is about 2" longer, and I'm afraid it will hit the firewall. I'd like a really good picture from the side to show how straight down it drops the primary.

Made a couple passes at the track tonight, it's slowly but surely getting quicker each pass.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLmsO4AEtMg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLmsO4AEtMg[/ame]

Timeslip%2012.7%20%20106_zpsnds0wkin.jpg

Closeup:
Timeslip%2012.6%20%20105_zpsvvjjn9zv.jpg

EGT gauge is peaking at 1800* shortly after the overdrive shift than comes back down to low 1700's by the end of the track. Probably need to add some water injection or possibly go up a size on injectors with a little less rack travel on the pump to cut back on injection duration. Still no where near the potential of the airflow on-hand from that big S480 bottom turbo.

What does the truck weigh? I was trapping 12.7 at 110 @ 7500lbs with my 351/78 setup. You definitely have more power hiding somewhere.

Piping from Columbia river? If so what's the radius on it?
Yes, Columbia River and 4" radius on the 3" mandrel bends.

What does the truck weigh? I was trapping 12.7 at 110 @ 7500lbs with my 351/78 setup. You definitely have more power hiding somewhere.
I estimate my truck weight was 7400 lbs. My truck is running pretty clean, it needs more fuel to go faster. Luckily I can increase my injectors for minimal cost so I'll try that after getting my lift pump fuel pressure situation under control. I honestly think this turbo setup is good for 11.50 1/4 mile passes with proper tuning.

Get a part number?
3927862 is the part number and that ebay auction listed above is the correct part.

Mig welder with mild steel wire, pre-heat on the cast, and post heat with propane torch for slow cool down. T-6 flange was sourced from eBay.

Back