HE351VE on a 12 valve

link to my simple vane collar controller - a spring!

Btw the turbo I put on a buddys 71 ford 12 valve blew up. The shaft snapped in two piezes, the nut was in the intake hose both wheels damaged and even the exh housing is worthless after the wheel hammered on it making the ring in there stick!
It was controlled by a w/g actuator of boost and made from 35-40 psi
stock inj!

Btw the turbo I put on a buddys 71 ford 12 valve blew up. The shaft snapped in two piezes, the nut was in the intake hose both wheels damaged and even the exh housing is worthless after the wheel hammered on it making the ring in there stick!
stock inj!

Any idea what caused the blow up.

Does anyone know of anyone who has installed one of these on a first gen 12 valve. I just picked one of these up for $200 shipped. I am hoping to do the install relatively soon. I just picked the truck up and still have some work to do but this thread has me sleepless. So many possibilities.

stock inj!

Wow... That's crazy, I wonder what caused it. Maybe a clogged oil feed line or a tight bearing? Did he bark it a lot?

Does anyone know of anyone who has installed one of these on a first gen 12 valve. I just picked one of these up for $200 shipped. I am hoping to do the install relatively soon. I just picked the truck up and still have some work to do but this thread has me sleepless. So many possibilities.

Check this guy's thread out... He has a couple of videos on youtube as well :Cheer:
worlds quickest 1st gen - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Thanks black sky racing. I am still waiting to find out what he's doing to control the vanes. I'm itching to make more power. Having to stay in the throttle all the time to go back and forth to work is getting a bit ridiculous. I just ordered a B&M Transpak for my truck. Does anyone know if these are good? I figured that they have been in the game for a while, but still. I would rather find out early and be able to send it back if need be.

Just finished my adapter. 1" thick. Turbo is offset 3/4" towards the back.

Attachments

• IMG00006-20100523-0217.jpg
    IMG00006-20100523-0217.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG00007-20100523-0217.jpg
    IMG00007-20100523-0217.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG00004-20100522-0304.jpg
    IMG00004-20100522-0304.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 53
Is there some needs to by-pass the he351 with a wastegate in an twin setup, or is it enough to open up the exhaust housing?

Has anyone ever considered using an AFC (or an AFC mimic) to operate the collar?

Preboost setting for almost immediate opening of the collar once a little boost builds, but quick enough to alleviate excess BP, then starwheel adjustment for further opening???

Back