Helix 2 vs MaxSpool? Opinions

Yes (all three).

For example, dyno a truck now with the stock cam for a baseline. Install the maxspool cam and dyno. Then install the helix 2 cam and dyno again. Report all the results here for review...

GOT-Torque said:
Yes (all three).

For example, dyno a truck now with the stock cam for a baseline. Install the maxspool cam and dyno. Then install the helix 2 cam and dyno again. Report all the results here for review...

I dyno'd before and after a helix 2 and springs install. Peak 1 uncorrected hp difference! Want proof? :hehe: I'm on my laptop right now, but once I get my pc going again I can post graphs. I attempted to overlay my graphs by plotting points with ms paint and my crude rendition is in my gallery at DTR. I saw the same power 300-500 rpms sooner. Same dyno, different days,...... actually make that years =P

I' can't put in a maxspool for comparision though becasue I'd lose my lift pump :doh:

that's not good. i wouldn't want something that dropped off sooner even if it did come in sooner. it just doesn't seem practical. maybe i'm wrong. but for that much money it better make the power band alot wider. so it would appear to me to be a waste of time and money.

There was no fueling box used in either of those runs, just a smarty. With a tst hp hangs in there for longer, dropping just 40-50 from 2600-3300 rpms.

Something doesn't quite look right with the graph...I can tell you guys, at least on a 12v, that the power is still there all the way to 4250RPM.

Here's Joefarmer's dyno graph:
attachment.php

Chris

Signature600 said:
Something doesn't quite look right with the graph...I can tell you guys, at least on a 12v, that the power is still there all the way to 4250RPM.

Here's Joefarmer's dyno graph:
attachment.php

Chris

What setup was he running with that dyno?

Hmm mine pulled up to 3500 then droped cause the box shut off and thats with no boost fooler just a old JVD , I lost 50hp when it hit 30lbs I assume from the graph between 2500/2800 and tried to make that back up , the guy outside said what did you do let off? I said know no then I noticed no ADD

(stock cam)

dzlfarmboy said:
What setup was he running with that dyno?

I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong...but a Marine pump, 4K kit, Laser Cut DV's, ProStreet 66/14, and I think some F1 Hot Rod 370's (NOT SURE ON INJECTORS)

Lot's of spray:D
That same setup pushed him to an 11.43 at Indy

Kinda sucks too...the Laser Cuts are mine, and he made A LOT more power than me:bow:
Chris

Signature600 said:
I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong...but a Marine pump, 4K kit, Laser Cut DV's, ProStreet 66/14, and I think some F1 Hot Rod 370's (NOT SURE ON INJECTORS)

Lot's of spray:D
That same setup pushed him to an 11.43 at Indy

Kinda sucks too...the Laser Cuts are mine, and he made A LOT more power than me:bow:
Chris

Only 590hp on spray?

BTW, for comparison...

Here is my stock Dyno graph:
11-25-06%20Stock%2098%20Dyno.jpg

Here is the one for the BOMB's in my signature:
4-28-07%2098%20Dyno.jpg

Not really good for any direct comparison...but even with the ability to turn 5500RPM with the stock cam...you can see it doesn't do any good! I pushed the last run harder, but blew a boot at 46psi around 3400RPM.

By the time the charger spooled on those runs, the stock cam was out of steam.

When I get the truck running again, and the head studs set, I'll dyno again...same fueling (execp it will be fueling correctly), but with a .68A/R housing (not a .85A/R) on the GT4088R, a Helix 2, ported and o-ringed head, and a Cool Twist IC.

Chris

dzlfarmboy said:
Only 590hp on spray?

Yeah...he thinks the Marine pump was holding him back...I've since sold him my old 180, and he says it feels a lot meaner.

With any luck, we'll find out this weekend:D
Chris

Signature600 said:
When I get the truck running again, and the head studs set, I'll dyno again...same fueling (execp it will be fueling correctly), but with a .68A/R housing (not a .85A/R) on the GT4088R, a Helix 2, ported and o-ringed head, and a Cool Twist IC.

Don't forgwt the leather seats.......

Burner said:
I agree with Chris, something doesn't seem right?

I think they just let up early. I'll try to post my graph from dunbar's dyno in the next couple of days. The smarty by itself lacks top end.

Back