highest hp with silver bullet single

CREED1 said:
Kevin did 1013/1587 in his 03 with an off the shelf II silver bullet 66 he has a modified sb 66 on the way. This was with a small shot of juice also. He is the highest I know of on that turbo alone.

What is the modified SB? What do they mod?

The SB has a 74mm wheel. It's the super Phatshaft that has a 66.

I'd be interested in knowing what a modded SB has done myself.

The turbine section of the SB has a 74mm wheel, the SPS has a 71mm turbine wheel. The ps has a 65mm turbine wheel. I think he was referring to the compressor wheel. SB has a 66 mm compressor.

Very streetable k31 huh? Better than a Aurora 5k? Sounds interesting

^^^ was that before or after the 1111 dyno run?

Silver Bullet--the ultimate single? I think not:bang

I personally like my HTT Pro Street 71. Made 856 fuel only and spools great on the street!

It made it through the Dyno, but the first pass down the strip wasn't so special.

I just murdered my SB this weekend with 716hp on the dyno. Anyone know of a "bullet proof" single with nitrous, 'cause ths is getting expensive.:doh:

Anyone think that the ever increasing wheel sizes in a S300 frame is the problem?

Sliqwille said:
I just murdered my SB this weekend with 716hp on the dyno. Anyone know of a "bullet proof" single with nitrous, 'cause ths is getting expensive.:doh:

wow you must have been running lots of boost, I did 5 runs back to back at 730ish with juice. And I know Jim Fulmer is at 800+hp with his bullet, and we all know how much he has dynoed...

HT3500 said:
wow you must have been running lots of boost, I did 5 runs back to back at 730ish with juice. And I know Jim Fulmer is at 800+hp with his bullet, and we all know how much he has dynoed...

I could only spool 26psi on the dynojet. Spools, well, spooled 55 on the street.:hehe:

I think those S465's Smokem has would be a pretty bullet proof turbo. Plumb an external gate around it for nitrous and I think it would live through anything.

I actually have the SB in the mid 50's on boost using the bottle. The down side is it's not enough on #2, WOT is fine but 35 psi at 1200 degrees is not!

What it needs is bigger holes in the gates so you don't have to loosen the gate up so much. The way I.I. sets the gates is perfect for #2 only but not with the bottle, too much boost! I typically ran 65-70 psi on the dyno using N2O.....too much and 40-43 on #2......just right. Big, really big boost will beat the thrust brearing out.

Everybody remember when you could only run an HX-40 at 40 psi and N2O would send the wheel to the moon.

Jim

I run my SPS66 to 55 daily. I've only had it on for about 5,000 miles though with no problems.

Don't know about everyone elses but mine runs at 47 psi on the road, that is the 1 to 1 crossover point. I've run it to 50+ before and I can't tell that it runs any better but the drive pressure is past 60 there........FYI!

Jim

Back