Hope to gain knowledge and have fun

ky6litr

hi all, I am new on here and have been searching through these forums for a long time for knowledge. By searching Google it often led me to this forum which has been one of the biggest helping tools. I have been into Cummins motors for 8 years and still love them but my new job at the Ford truck plant has me switching to support my living. I got myself into a 2005 f350 ccsb 4wd after my research of which one to go with. Since its not favored from what I can tell I'd like to build something surprising. My goal is to build basically the fastest most reliable street truck I can. I would say a drag build but I'd still like to drive it daily if I wanted to. I had a hard time finding information on setting up the suspension for this but I found some here so I decided to join and hope I come out in the end with what I was going for. I have quite a bit of mechanical experience, I've been in the automotive field as a hobby since I was a kid and in the maintenance field for a career for 8 years. I however am no genius or expert and especially with powerstrokes, so I hope my questions will be made fun of less and helped more.

Thanks for having me

There's quite a few of those 6.0 trucks with a Cummins hanging around here. About to be one more.

Welcome, reading for a while before joining puts you ahead of a lot of new guys!

Actually I'm going to keep the 6.0 and try and learn it and make it into something it seems most aren't willing to do. I did think about swapping to make it easier on me, but wheres the fun in that. I like a challenge, but hopefully its not one I can't achieve. Sorry if I made it sound like I was doing a Cummins swap. But thank you, I just hope I continue to get even more info and help from joining and being apart of the forum.

I know exactly nothing about a PS... is your goal going to require a built engine? That Jesse fella seems to make some respectable steam with the 6.0 platform. :D I'd say he has a couple mortgages worth of consumer dollars piled into a heap of 'em to get them to that point but still, made it there nonetheless. ;)

Good luck

It definitely is, I'm even considering just getting a short block, I'm interested in this 6.5L short block from RCD because I know they're suppose to be reputable but I've heard squat about this 6.5L and you'd figure it would be out there if its worth it. If it doesn't wind up being anything special ill just do a built bottom end, KDD oringed heads im thinking, and build on that. I have heard a lot of Jesse, he definitely knows what he's doing.

Try checking out the truck source diesel guys as well. I know member Danny is involved with them, and his 6.0 shorty is plenty respectable. Formally called it zombie killer, now its death star or something I think. Believe he has a thread or two on here about it as well if you do some more searching.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! The 6.0 can make some reliable, respectable power although it’s not as popular as the Cummins. Where are you located? I’m going to assume somewhere in KY judging by your username.

Welcome to the forum! The 6.0 can make some reliable, respectable power although it’s not as popular as the Cummins. Where are you located? I’m going to assume somewhere in KY judging by your username.

Either that or he's slippery. LOL

Welcome new guy !

He did mention working at a Ford plant... there's one in Louisville, KY... Stands to reason he hails from the Bluegrass State. :D

I heard lots about Truck Source Dirsel tuning, thats who I was going to have tune it. I'll look and see if I can find those threads. Yes I am from KY lol, I'm an electrician at the Louisville truck plant. I live about an hour away though in mercer county.

Last edited:
Either that or he's slippery. LOL

Welcome new guy !

:hehe:

He did mention working at a Ford plant... there's one in Louisville, KY... Stands to reason he hails from the Bluegrass State. :D

Good call.

I heard lots about Truck Source Dirsel tuning, thats who I was going to have tune it. I'll look and see if I can find those threads. Yes I am from KY lol, I'm an electrician at the Louisville truck plant. I live about an hour away though in mercer county.

Little bit of a drive but J and J Performance in Eldorado OH specializes in Powerstrokes. They have done a lot of 6.0 performance work. The owner Justin Gilliland ran a 6.0 pulling truck that ran very well. Just an option for you.

The 6.0 Ford's are around here like the 12 valves were my age back then. They have a couple quick street trucks here local you better be on your game.

You might drive past my house on your way to work depending on how you go... I live a few miles off the Lawrenceburg/Graefenburg exit off I64. Just a couple miles into Anderson Co.

You work with Banean?

The 6.0 Ford's are around here like the 12 valves were my age back then. They have a couple quick street trucks here local you better be on your game.

Where are you at? I've started to love seeing these fast, yet reliable 6.0s. Especially with the new trucks and all the emissions that we can't get rid of im gonna stick around with the older stuff.

You might drive past my house on your way to work depending on how you go... I live a few miles off the Lawrenceburg/Graefenburg exit off I64. Just a couple miles into Anderson Co.

I bet I do, I get off on 151 and take it right to i64, of course I'm not right now since we're all shut down, but I bet I've looked right at it if its in any sort of view.

Where are you at? I've started to love seeing these fast, yet reliable 6.0s. Especially with the new trucks and all the emissions that we can't get rid of im gonna stick around with the older stuff.

NE Florida, Middleburg to be exact. There's 3 large PS shops here that started after the 6.0's.

Back