how many out there are building 2.5 trucks

2.5cummins

currently building my 03 common rail for 2.5 class. anybody else out there doin same

im in the LONG process of building mine... been wanting to build a sled truck for years, the 2.5 class has fairly recently surfaced morphing from the work stock class, and i have set my sights on it... at any rate, it'll still be a long long while before mine is done... good luck to your build though...

I have WS Fleece charger for sale. 351 with the billet wheel but without the electronic waste gate control since it was a 04. Anyone looking pm me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

im working on a 2.5 dodge truck gonna run a nasty little turbo with the fuel to push it hope to take names at 600ish hp! oh did i mention its vp44 style to?

Since 2.5 gets interchangeably mixed up with "work stock" or "street diesel" classes depending upon where you pull it makes it a gigantic pain in the ass. Some classes are "stock appearing," while others may say simply 2.550 plug requirement. It sucks building for a class which is theoretically multiple classes in different areas. My GT37 is not workstock legal in most places but its 2.5. Some widely recognized rules would go a long way into opening up a fairly "entry level" class that is 2.5. But do I need a Cheetah? Or should I switch to a S400 chassis? The questions are endless as rules vary between pulls even simply miles apart.

Last edited:
this is gonna be a interesting class

I think there are some that think this will be a cheap class to enter. While it might be cheaper than the 2.6, I still think you will have $3000 turbos, big cams, heavy ported heads, high dollar fuel systems, and big money in the driveline.

The difference is the high dollar axles should hold up to the power of the class.

I am on the fence of 2.5 or 2.6 I cant decide.. Really there is not much cost difference with it around here, allowing duals and hanging weight in IN pretty much a air to water, and intake, and turbo is the difference

I am on the fence of 2.5 or 2.6 I cant decide.. Really there is not much cost difference with it around here, allowing duals and hanging weight in IN pretty much a air to water, and intake, and turbo is the difference

True, I would say about $5k-$10K difference. However being able to run a season on a ring and pinion and the high dollar axles will be an added plus.

Personally I absolutely hate the stock appearing class and would much rather see the 2.5 class grow and take it's place. It's more equal across the board. I think it's a good stepping stone class before taking the huge plunge into 2.6. I plan to dabble in 2.5 before stepping up to 2.6. I'm really curious to see how the truck would run with a 463 and some fueling thrown at it.

True, I would say about $5k-$10K difference. However being able to run a season on a ring and pinion and the high dollar axles will be an added plus.

It's a lot more than that. I had a very competitive 2.5 truck last year and I honestly believe you will spend about 3-5 times that to compete in 2.6. My 2.6 turbo and intercooler cost more than I put in my truck minus the fully built tranny.

List of upgrades: CP3, Turbo, Nozzles, and a Smarty. The internals were completely stock with 213,000 miles on the motor.

I know some places are limiting it to a S300 charger for WS/2.5

It's a lot more than that. I had a very competitive 2.5 truck last year and I honestly believe you will spend about 3-5 times that to compete in 2.6. My 2.6 turbo and intercooler cost more than I put in my truck minus the fully built tranny.

List of upgrades: CP3, Turbo, Nozzles, and a Smarty. The internals were completely stock with 213,000 miles on the motor.

I know some places are limiting it to a S300 charger for WS/2.5

Were you running a stock IC? I am venturing to say the top 2.5 turbos will run price tags approaching $3000(figure $4k for a 2.6 turbo). Then figure in the motor builds will be nearly the same cost as well the drivelines etc.

2.5 in my book will be same driveline as 2.6, a stock IC wont cut it and most off shelf will not, a custom one is way to go... Other then manifold that will be only savings and money to fab a draw bar...

And this starts all over again....

This class is going to start a nice class for everyone wanting more than a work stock puller. Then it the next year guys will be making more and more power year in and year out.

For me I hope to be able to use this class as a stepping stone. I pulled work stock last year and plan on some more power and chassis mods this year. But if the 2.5 class stays affordable it will be a good time. I can tell you I dont want to break every week. As stated before, I think a 2.5 truck can make respectable power and keep everything in one pice. At least for a season.

I think there are some that think this will be a cheap class to enter. While it might be cheaper than the 2.6, I still think you will have $3000 turbos, big cams, heavy ported heads, high dollar fuel systems, and big money in the driveline.

The difference is the high dollar axles should hold up to the power of the class.

Exactly its still gonna take a built truck to win every weekend

Idk why guys call it a starter class. Starter class is stock.

Im excited for 2.5....my check book hates it

Back