how many out there are building 2.5 trucks

I just recently got mine all together did a few pulls and seems to run with the other ws trucks but its looking like you guys are gonna need to be in the 600hp range if i had to guess.... I'm just needing a different charger cause the 66x74. Was a good street charger but don't want to make people upset thats still doing the stock/stocks. Charger

Right, because no one has bought a custom turbo for the class already? LOL

They don't really have a choice, when cover tolerances are lose out of the box, and we get rules like 1/8" protrusion on a straight inducer bore class...

Everyone knows the only reason the 1/8" protrusion rule came in, is for "protrusion" classes, that allow clipped wheels, but didn't want bushed covers. It insures that the "clip" in the wheel was to dimension for at least an 1/8". Ok, its obvious not everyone knows... But when you say no clips, to bushings, no tapered covers... There is no need to add 1/8" protrusion, this just limits turbo MFG styles, and drives custom comp wheels. $.02 But that doesn't matter now, we just built turbos that meet the rules.

Caleb

what needs to happen is a sealed turbo class!

oh ya... that'd work.. ya know it works so well in racing.. I've seen jewelers remake the seals, and there ya have it people are cheating. I've seen it first hand so don't say its not possible. It just doesn't work... The seals are very easy to recreate.. :bang

Anyone know if a S465 will pass a 2.550 plug test? 64.5mm is 2.539 but I don't know the gap between the wheel and bore. Obviously don't want to buy a non-legal turbo and hope the techs are lazy or drunk. Or both.

Anyone know if a S465 will pass a 2.550 plug test? 64.5mm is 2.539 but I don't know the gap between the wheel and bore. Obviously don't want to buy a non-legal turbo and hope the techs are lazy or drunk. Or both.

You've answered your own question. The 2.5" class is a 63.5mm inducer class. You already know the 465 is 64.5mm. A 2.55" plug allows for .025" wheel to cover clearance. The class is 2.5" or 63.5mm inducer.

Caleb

Alright thanks for the clarification. Was pretty sure but not completely.

Back