How much power will a stock CP3 handle?

Schoust

Hey Guy's wondering what the stock Cp3 will handle before having to upgrade for more fuel?What are the symptoms of the rail running out of pressure? Will it hurt the IP if the pressure is getting low in the rail? What's the most economical cp3 upgrades?
Thanks

Would it hurt to update yer sig?

My stock injectors needed more cow bell
get a good pump or two stockers
had the bag of parts with stock sticks a long time ago then went with slightly larger sticks and rp just cannot recover
don't waste your money pick a power range and pump accordingly

I've heard up to like 600whp, I made 585 with large injectors..... I know I was sucking the rail down bad.

had the bag of parts with stock sticks a long time ago then went with slightly larger sticks and rp just cannot recover

are you out to piss everyone off today?

What hurt your feelings now?
I wish someone would have been honest with me when I asked these questions the truck have gotten where it is now a long long time ago...
Am I strait to the point... yes, do I care if your thin skined... No

How about we just answer the question, and use things like commas (,), periods (.) question marks (?) etc. etc.

I put down 585 on stock sticks and an arson kit. Added 90's and rail would never recover. So, This is about in line with the 600hp theory that has been around for the past few years. Mostly depends on the health of your pump. So if your going to shoot for over 600 skip the bag o parts, save your money and buy a modded pump. As far as the best or economical cant help you there. But i will say i bought a 3.5 from John at Floor It. Ran the pump for about three weeks and it started leaking fuel. Sent it back and had a new one in three days. Turned out that the pump body it self had cracked internally. So it really boils down to customer service, since they all cost about the same and I have seen no Proof that any one is better than the other. Call them all and go with the one that gives you the good vibe.

Sorry low rail pressure is evident by a popping sound coming from the exhaust, a high and freakishly fast rising EGT. I could peg the pyro just 120 feet out of the hole on a boosted launch. Get a quality RP gauge as well. That little guy along with the pyro will tell you a lot about what is going on with your fuel delivery.

i did 630 on fuel with a stock cp3 and 730 with nitrous. stock cp3. no modded fca. crossing thru the 1/4 mile traps with 19-20k psi. never drained the rail.

Depends on the miles of the pump. Mine does not recover until 2300rpm or so with stock sticks, TST on 3/3. 274K miles. Feels like a turd as well, popping and jerking when the rail goes to 7-8k lbs psi.

Thanks Fellas that's what i was looking for. I believe in Customer service also that is why Dave Goerend gets the nod on the tranny. This is the info I need to go forward with my build. The truck is an 05 with 52k on it stock as they come the guy has never beat on it or towed so it should be cherry and ready to thrash!

this isn't cumminsforum... don't be a ****bag "update your sig" person...

all he asked is how much power would the stock CP3 handle... it wouldn't matter if he was driving a ****ing YUGO, the answer has NOTHING to do with what's in his sig

When there's multiple threads asking questions about the same truck it could maybe just maybe help the op out sorry
yet again another person preaching and not even contributing to the damn question

i did 630 on fuel with a stock cp3 and 730 with nitrous. stock cp3. no modded fca. crossing thru the 1/4 mile traps with 19-20k psi. never drained the rail.

I think the question had been answered

Back in '06 I believe my truck had 6 or 7 runs between 640-659 on stock injectors and a stock cp3. Tst/bully dog stack.

I think the question had been answered

What's your point? I added pretty useful information IMHO. What'd you do in thus thread?

The question may have been answered, but in this case there was more than one answer

Back