How much power will a stock CP3 handle?

What's your point? I added pretty useful information IMHO. What'd you do in thus thread?

The question may have been answered, but in this case there was more than one answer

Well, in most threads in a forum, you are there for one of two reasons: to either A; Give information, or B; Receive information. I was here to see what people had to say was the limits of thus said stock CP3. I, nor did you or the OP need to know what mods have been done to the OP's truck in order to say how much power could be had with a stock CP3 pump.

Damn. How many more douchebags can this site handle. 2 posts from craig c added 0 to this but his dumb ass attitude.

As to the OP's question it seems pumps living on the edge dropping pressure are short lived anyway, so you really need to consider not only how much but for how long. A friends truck with a stock pump being pushed hard killed 2 in 6k miles. He now has over 15k on a small modded pump with no other changes.

I didn't ask about his mods. I told him how far I pushed my stock cp3.

My comment was never directed to you, just to the second poster in this thread that, although it was hard to read, wanted the OP to update his sig. in order to say how much a stock CP3 would support.

Sorry for being a D-Bag if thats how I came off?

When there's multiple threads asking questions about the same truck it could maybe just maybe help the op out sorry
yet again another person preaching and not even contributing to the damn question

Lol yeah I got it now......I quoted you School Bus to be directed back to the second poster, but then Forest snuck in on me.....so now I see where we went wrong.

Found this online:

Bosch Common-Rail CP3

Application: '03 to '10 Dodge 5.9L and 6.7L

How it Works:
The CP3 is a radial-piston pump driven mechanically by the engine. Since the CP3 pump's only job is to create fuel pressure, it's not necessary for it to be timed with the engine's crank and camshaft position. The CP3 pump is the only Cummins injection pump Dodge has offered that does not control injection timing or fuel quantity directly. The CP3 merely provides the requisite amount of fuel to the fuel rail, and the injectors have the authority over fuel delivery.

•Injection pressure range (stock):23,201 psi 2

•Power it takes to spin it: 10 to 12 hp (needs to be tested on a 15hp electric test bench) 4

•Amount of fuel it pumps (stock): 200 lph (liters per hour)2

•Amount of fuel it is capable of supplying in modified form: 380 lph (liters per hour) 2

•Advantages: Offers higher injection pressures and facilitates multiple injection events per power stroke. This decreases emissions and increases efficiency.

•Weak link: Injectors are expected to do more, so they are more expensive compared to the earlier systems.

Back