How much water?

Yeah Chris, no CAC. And I am not sure how much N2O I am going to run yet. It is going to start out very low, and then bring it up as I feel I have other things worked out.

How much water do you think I would need Will? I am going to be moving massive ammounts of air, and spraying nitrous also...

With no intercooler and a bunch of nitrous, I think you are going to need something bigger/better than the little chickensh!t Snow kit. I don't know how much nitrous you are planning to use, but your cylinder pressures are going to be pretty damn high. I think that your biggest concern would be getting the cylinders to seal, then worry about EGTs. Nitrous cools, yes, but with it brings increased cylinder pressure. On heavily fueled trucks, most Snow kits can't keep up, and don't even slow down the EGT gauge once it gets moovin'.

Hope this helps

I should have the sealing down good. I am running 14mm ARP's, the head is fire ringed. As for the amount of nitrous I am not sure yet.. I have mounted 2 .125 solenoids,,, but I plan on just starting out using my progressive controller and only using about 5 to 20% of one to start. But I am sure that will go up as I get all the bugs out,,

Tate, even last year it still wasnt full on the one solenoid (close) and nothing out of the second

Dosent even sound like you need water, just more nitrous. I tried the water and nitrous together in 07 and the egt results were fine but we accually lost power, so i eventually took the water off and added more nitrous and a few other small changes and have not had a Race engine with water since.

Kevin. I've used water on non-intercooled apps. 800psi pushing 1qt per 4 seconds injection rate and I never saw any real decrease in EGT temps at the drag strip. If at all possible, run an air/water if you're a competition-only truck. The ROI is much greater.

nozzle question

I put together a 12 VDC / Hydraulic pump.
With enough HP to to run 800 psi @1 GPM.
I have 3 nozzles locations
1 in the intake.
2 in the intake plate near cyl #1 & cyl # 5/6
Two stage pressure system .
First stage 300 psi /second stage 600 psi. Boost referenced.
What size nozzles would you recommend @ from who?

I'm currently running a 14 GPH & two 7 GPH / 250 PSI pump
But I don't feel comfortable pushing 600 PSI through the standard water injection kit nozzles. I don't know what pressure there rated for.
With one 250 RV stile pump I get 150 psi & only cools at light throttle.

thanks,doug

Well, I've put together a graph.

white_egt.jpg
about \ there on launch (1500)
about _____________ ^ at 1000' (1950).

Adding more fuel cooled it down to 1700. That helped much more than the water did, but then it was sluggish.

I put together a 12 VDC / Hydraulic pump.
With enough HP to to run 800 psi @1 GPM.
I have 3 nozzles locations
1 in the intake.
2 in the intake plate near cyl #1 & cyl # 5/6
Two stage pressure system .
First stage 300 psi /second stage 600 psi. Boost referenced.
What size nozzles would you recommend @ from who?

I'm currently running a 14 GPH & two 7 GPH / 250 PSI pump
But I don't feel comfortable pushing 600 PSI through the standard water injection kit nozzles. I don't know what pressure there rated for.
With one 250 RV stile pump I get 150 psi & only cools at light throttle.

thanks,doug
RONS Fuel Injection Systems or Kinsler nozzles.

Thanks for the info Brandon... do you think though that with a CR and less timing that it would be possibly lower temps?

Thanks again,
ILL post some picks when the project is complete.

I was also recomended to spray between the primary & secondary turbos. What do you guys think?
doug

Thanks for the info Brandon... do you think though that with a CR and less timing that it would be possibly lower temps?

Possibly. $800 towards a air/water would be worth infinitely more than a high pressure water setup at the drag strip. Ice will allow lower than ambient temps.

Thanks again,
ILL post some picks when the project is complete.

I was also recomended to spray between the primary & secondary turbos. What do you guys think?
doug

Yes, but a small jet and competition only. Make sure the water is atomized well.

I do have a complete setup for sale with those kinsler nozzles.

Back