How to rebuild a G56?

Havent seen any G56 issues lately, of course you are about the only one I know putting any power to them. Most trucks I know of with big power and manuals are 5600s or 4500s, neither of which are indestructable either. Ive never been inside a G56 but if it takes a press as big as Bad-Duvall says, youll wanna take it someplace. John Fixes my 5600s because they take at least a 60 to press and I only have a 20 ton. Id go retrieve the g56 you haven't got paid for and use the two broken transmissions to make one good one. Call if you need anything.

So I need both he gear and another countershaft? Wouldn't my counter still be ok if I still have all my other gears?
My last tranny every gear but fifth came out. Probably wouldn't be able to make one complete out of the two broken ones though right?

Bingo! use what good gears you need.

Damn ole dually ain't gonna break sh!t.. Can't even break tires loose!! Lol:poke:

You buy an eaton and I'll figure out someway to put in it, Stacy.

Jenny Craig might not have as much smoke as your Blue puddle jumper but whens the last time you've grossed 33,000#'s; Jenny might have a wide azz but she is a towing slut!!!!!:lolly:

Havent seen any G56 issues lately, of course you are about the only one I know putting any power to them. Most trucks I know of with big power and manuals are 5600s or 4500s, neither of which are indestructable either. Ive never been inside a G56 but if it takes a press as big as Bad-Duvall says, youll wanna take it someplace. John Fixes my 5600s because they take at least a 60 to press and I only have a 20 ton. Id go retrieve the g56 you haven't got paid for and use the two broken transmissions to make one good one. Call if you need anything.

What takes 60 tons on those? Preloading some bearings?

My friend tried putting my gears on with a 50 ton press and let's just say It is no longer usable. Bent it all up parts flew etc. I would not feel comfortable with anything smaller then a 100 ton after seeing that. Mine is a nv5600 though. They break too. I pulled the bolts out of the bellhousing, changed it and two weeks later took out sixth just cruising down the interstate. I denutted it a bit now and downsized turbo to a special and have been running smarty on 1 ever since.

Sorry to hear about your troubles man! I can't make up my mind about what to do with my truck. I might go the same route as you and strip it and sell it. If I had 6-8k to build a auto trans I'd buy a regular cab and build a drag truck. Give me a shout sometime.

Sorry to hear about your troubles man! I can't make up my mind about what to do with my truck. I might go the same route as you and strip it and sell it. If I had 6-8k to build a auto trans I'd buy a regular cab and build a drag truck. Give me a shout sometime.

Thanks Brian. Just wish dodge had a decent tranny!! Your lucky you've only went through one at 900HP!! Im just so disgusted with the truck I don't know what to do. I really like the truck just tired of all the BS with it.. If I keep it Is gonna get some small twins, smarty, intake, smaller injectors, and get me another dmax to play with.

Thanks Brian. Just wish dodge had a decent tranny!! Your lucky you've only went through one at 900HP!! Im just so disgusted with the truck I don't know what to do. I really like the truck just tired of all the BS with it.. If I keep it Is gonna get some small twins, smarty, intake, smaller injectors, and get me another dmax to play with.

I hear ya on the decent tranny! I still up in the air on what to do with mine. I should know next week what will be happening to it.

Back