How to word a box charger turbo rule

The current discussion is 7k lbs. With what a typical gutted 2wd would weigh I think 7k should be more than enough room to add plenty of moveable weight to balance a truck. X2 on 30" that seems to be standard from what I have seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The current discussion is 7k lbs. With what a typical gutted 2wd would weigh I think 7k should be more than enough room to add plenty of moveable weight to balance a truck. X2 on 30" that seems to be standard from what I have seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a current lower power workstock truck, something close to the power you are thinking. Make it weigh 7k, jack the hitch up to 30", and go pull. I'm gonna say it'll be plenty light on the front.

I would also allow the transmission to be as open as the rear end. Medium duty truck 2 disc clutches and transmissions cost less than half of 1 ton units.

Take a current lower power workstock truck, something close to the power you are thinking. Make it weigh 7k, jack the hitch up to 30", and go pull. I'm gonna say it'll be plenty light on the front.

I would also allow the transmission to be as open as the rear end. Medium duty truck 2 disc clutches and transmissions cost less than half of 1 ton units.

Its gonna be pretty hard to have a gutted 2wd diesel truck that weighs much over 6k pounds unloaded, that still leaves a thousand to move around and work with at the least. Should be able to keep the front down IMO.

Here's the jist of what we decided on after some discussion

Open rear end
One ton engine/trans
S366 box charger
30'' hitch
7,000 lbs

Are you allowing "front hanging weight" or does it need to be hidden in plain sight????

LOL

OK let me jump in here as one of the ones wanting this class. 1 my 3500 dodge weights in at 7620 with 1/2 tank of fuel. 2 just give me a pn# for the turbo I'll buy it. If you make them or sell them let me know. I'm hoping this will take off like you all as a good entry level class and grow as we learn more about what we can do. Put on a good show and it will grow. I know budget build is not a good term for pulling but it will draw more new pullers to it, even to get the bug and move up to a bigger class.

Just thinking, since its a new class......

Why not keep it a little higher weight, maybe draw in a few 4x4 trucks to pull in the 2wd...... especially if you are shooting for lower HP class.

Just my $.02

I still think 1 ton trans is nuts.

8k would be a good idea, considering that this combination could make for a very daily driveable vehicle, therefore not being gutted. A few things can make a big difference between a dedicated puller and a multi purpose vehicle. Obviously multi purpose is going to attract way more interest.

What's the standing on external wastegates?

If this class makes it's way east, I'd definitely be interested.

Last edited:
Just thinking, since its a new class......

Why not keep it a little higher weight, maybe draw in a few 4x4 trucks to pull in the 2wd...... especially if you are shooting for lower HP class.

Just my $.02

LOL get the 4x4 guys to hook? Wonder how many people will take off in 4wd, then shift it to 2wd? LOL

Sounds like an invitation to cheat.

LOL get the 4x4 guys to hook? Wonder how many people will take off in 4wd, then shift it to 2wd? LOL

Sounds like an invitation to cheat.

LOL

sounds like a good time watch a transfer case scatter.......

But I think it would be pretty easy to tell if they used 4wd.

But how many 2wd diesel trucks do you see show up to an event? I'm not saying it could be a long term thing. Just something to help get a few more hooks per event to get the class started.....

LOL

sounds like a good time watch a transfer case scatter.......

But I think it would be pretty easy to tell if they used 4wd.

But how many 2wd diesel trucks do you see show up to an event? I'm not saying it could be a long term thing. Just something to help get a few more hooks per event to get the class started.....

I get what you are saying for the numbers, however only way to make it for sure is pull the drive shaft. Of course they will complain about that. LOL

Maybe if they have an open front end, it could be a 3wd.

I've been showing up for 2 years here in NW OH and I had to pull in farm stock 4x4 class as a exhibition puller. Some pulls wouldn't even look at me. So I'm happy to see some of us here in the area are at least willing to give it a shot. When your between classes it hard to build a truck to pull and be a DD.

We ran a stock NV4500 in Lynn's 2wd with no issues other than the top hat wore out and would hang in 5th. That is running 2nd gear with 4.10, 4.56, 4.88, 5.13, and a 6.17 gear.

I get what you are saying for the numbers, however only way to make it for sure is pull the drive shaft. Of course they will complain about that. LOL

Maybe if they have an open front end, it could be a 3wd.

Open front end and open rear end would still be 2wd right? :D

We still talking about a entry level 2wd class right?? Basically programmer, turbo, and intakes, 30in hitch, traction bars. In short a class that if you had a 2wd diesel and a little money could make a pulling truck and get the fever and not make momma to mad. LOL

Back