How's This Quote Sound?

ARbowhunter7

Opulence...I Has It.
A buddy has a 6.0 that with bad HG's. He got a local quote (parts+labor) for Gaskets/Studs/EGR Delete/HPOP/SCT for a little over $5k. That sounds pretty cheap to me, but I don't know much about Fords. Is this decent? And is there anything else he needs while its torn down? It's just a DD street truck on huge tires, doesn't tow.

Thanks.

Is that SCT as in a tuner, or STC as in the snap-to-connect fitting on the HPOP ('05 and up MY only)?

I would want to be sure that the oil cooler is still OK, it's easy to replace it when you're in that far anyway, and it could be the reason the head gaskets went away in the first place.

Sounds cheap. I wouldn't touch it for that, but I price high on Fords just so I don't have to work on them. I usually just recommend a different shop.

Sent from my paperweight.

Sounds o the cheap side to me. round here that would go for around 6500.00.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What about checking the flatness of the heads? Decking/milling? Otherwise that pricing sounds on point. Steve mentioned it already, but get him to look into his deltas and check/replace the oil cooler. Does he have a coolant filter yet? If not, tell him to do so asap.

I know a ford diesel tech that will do it for far less if your anywhere near Maryland. He has done a lot as he is the go to for 6.0,6.4,6.7 problems in the fleet department at a local ford dealership.

Wow..that IS news to me. I've been told by many reputable sources that Ford has always owned Cummings.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Back