hpop question

1TONPSD

they call me BIG COUNTRY
so my buddy was telling me that if i have aftermarket injectors then i need to upgrade my hpop. what is a good company to go with??? also what other information can you guys give me about aftermarket pumps?

What year is your truck? What size injectors are you going with? With stage one's you dont really need to get a bigger HPOP.

ya really...it all depends on what size injectors your trying to feed.

I would say go with that adrenaline but thats just my recommendation tho.

is the adrenaline the name of a pump? who makes it??

is the adrenaline the name of a pump? who makes it??

Sorry, that made me laugh a little.

If he is actually running injectors that are that big, then there's absolutely no way a Superchips can run them.

I was just answering the question...you can laugh all you want.

sorry that my tuner isn't up to par for you guys i ain't had the $$$ to replace so i am running what came with the truck. if you would like to donate to the replace 1TONPSD'S tuner let me know

sorry that my tuner isn't up to par for you guys i ain't had the $$$ to replace so i am running what came with the truck. if you would like to donate to the replace 1TONPSD'S tuner let me know

Sorry if you took my post the wrong way, but tuning really needs to be addressed here first.

Superchips tuning is designed for stock injectors only. Putting in larger injectors like that requires custom tuning to match the injectors. For example, things like larger nozzles on the injectors with tuning like that can cause fueling problems, like spraying way outside the bowl, and causing high cylinder pressure spikes.

Continuing to run that tuning with those injectors will eventually cause engine damage. Cracked pistons for one. Or the worst that can happen is you break a rod and put a hole in the block.

Before you consider putting in an aftermarket HPOP, get your tuning changed ASAP. Adding a bigger HPOP will only compound problems if you don't address the tuning.

By the way, do you happen to know the specs on the injectors? Are they singles or splits? What size nozzles are they running? What size are the injectors? Saying that they are 200hp injectors leaves a LOT of unanswered questions.

Unfortunately for Billy the injectors & tuner were on the truck when he bought it and the seller couldn't give him definite specs because the owner before him installed the parts. All he knows is they're "200hp" injectors with no specifics. What would you recommend he pick up for a tuner? He's eventually planning to destroke the truck so I'm sure he's not going to want anything crazy but wants the truck to run right. So I guess the most resonable tuner that will meet the demands.

Unfortunately for Billy the injectors & tuner were on the truck when he bought it and the seller couldn't give him definite specs because the owner before him installed the parts. All he knows is they're "200hp" injectors with no specifics. What would you recommend he pick up for a tuner? He's eventually planning to destroke the truck so I'm sure he's not going to want anything crazy but wants the truck to run right. So I guess the most resonable tuner that will meet the demands.

There's quite a few good tuners out there. The problem is though, without those injector specs, even the best tuner has to "guess" as to what's going on. In those situations, tuning is usually pretty conservative.

A couple of places to get really good 7.3L tuning would be Power Hungry Performance, DP-Tuner, Swamps Diesel, Gearhead Automotive, Total Diesel Performance, and Diesel Innovations.

and there is a couple of them that will do live tuneing so you don't even need to know what injectors they actually are. in live tuneing they will hook up to the truck as you drive it and adjust perameters to make the truck perfect.

any one live in northern IL and know of a place that does live tunning??

Sorry, that made me laugh a little.

If he is actually running injectors that are that big, then there's absolutely no way a Superchips can run them.

Well to let all you know I got a new tuner and some custom tunes now can we get back to the hpop question. :rockwoot::hehe:

Back