hpop question

if there single shot injectors then you wont need the oil pump..is your truck a earlly 99? cause if so it has a smaller pump therefor you would need a new pump..its either a 15* or 17* pump..17* was found in 99.5-2003 7.3s

He went with a SCT tuner & Heavy Metal Performance did the tuning. Truck is an early 99 & they strongly recommended the hpop upgrade. I personally think we need to just Destroke it...lol!!!:poke:

Well I am not so sure that that is the route I am goingto take now. Maybe i will build a powerstroke and have the only one built in this area.

He went with a SCT tuner & Heavy Metal Performance did the tuning. Truck is an early 99 & they strongly recommended the hpop upgrade. I personally think we need to just Destroke it...lol!!!:poke:
Yep, early 99 had the smaller HPOP.

Next step would be to datalog the ICP under a WOT acceleration and see exactly what the pressure is holding. With a 15 degree HPOP, it probably won't be stellar numbers, but it's still worth checking out.

Also, the Adrenaline pump from Dieselsite that is out now is a really great option for people under a tight budget. It's stronger than the 17 degree pump, and can be had for about the same price or less than a stock pump.

I had a chance to do a ride-a-long recently during a datalogging session with the Adrenaline. Stock HPOP would lose pressure and fall to about 2200 psi. With the Adrenaline, it held 2900 psi rock solid all the way (which is what the tuning was calling for), and that was with split shot injectors. It won't have any problem with Stage I, Stage II, or hybrid singles.

Yep, early 99 had the smaller HPOP.

Next step would be to datalog the ICP under a WOT acceleration and see exactly what the pressure is holding. With a 15 degree HPOP, it probably won't be stellar numbers, but it's still worth checking out.

Also, the Adrenaline pump from Dieselsite that is out now is a really great option for people under a tight budget. It's stronger than the 17 degree pump, and can be had for about the same price or less than a stock pump.

I had a chance to do a ride-a-long recently during a datalogging session with the Adrenaline. Stock HPOP would lose pressure and fall to about 2200 psi. With the Adrenaline, it held 2900 psi rock solid all the way (which is what the tuning was calling for), and that was with split shot injectors. It won't have any problem with Stage I, Stage II, or hybrid singles.

ya I believe the adreniline is going to be his pump of choice. The shop told him at full tilt his was dropping to 1700psi...bad news bears!

Yup that's right mike the adreniline pump a turbo a water meth kit and say bye bye tranny!!!

ya I believe the adreniline is going to be his pump of choice. The shop told him at full tilt his was dropping to 1700psi...bad news bears!

It would be interesting to see if that changed with the new tuning. 1700 psi is really low.

am guessing that it dropped that low with the new tune also

I hate you mike.....and I plan on doing a salsa dance on your face!!!!!

Something you don't know about me...I took salsa lessons overseas

If they were 200hp injectors. Wouldnt they have to be a single shot hybrid injectors Wouldnt that need a custom tune to make the truck idle anyhow?

I had a 1705 in there for a little while and it idled fine runs alot better with the custom tune

Back