HPTuners on 03-05s

Timing map looks like it might haze and what's up with the drop at 3500?

And with stock injectors, your pulse is pretty low in the upper fuel area

How high of mm3 does the pulse table go to? Unless I'm reading your table wrong, at 40mm3 its fueling pretty hard at 1000us+. On a stock injector truck, I'd leave the pulse table below 70mm3 pretty close to stock.

You don't have to bring up the pulse width as fuel pressure rises, more pressure already nets more fuel.

Low load timing might be ok, but you can run the timing higher in the high load areas. 5° at 2000rpm might be laying some smoke. You'll have to base your tune on how quick that 66 comes up on boost.

Look on the highlighted portion of this duration graph. Enter your desired duration into those cells and leave the rest of the table stock for starters. Once you have a large injector you can take a percentage out of the lower portion of the table.

stock%20duration_zpsweghgpfj.jpg

^^^ that looks more like it!

Also under your max mm3 column, I like to put your max pulse at 160+mpa, then lower pulse at lower pressure. You'll have a slight dip in the table, but when trying to max out a stock cp3, and it starts losing pressure you don't want to increase pulse width, that'll just hurt the situation even more.

Timing map looks like it might haze and what's up with the drop at 3500?

And with stock injectors, your pulse is pretty low in the upper fuel area

I could be reading the graph wrong but it looks like hes running a 4500 pulse at 140mm3 commanded which would be pretty high, not pretty low.

Look on the highlighted portion of this duration graph. Enter your desired duration into those cells and leave the rest of the table stock for starters. Once you have a large injector you can take a percentage out of the lower portion of the table.

stock%20duration_zpsweghgpfj.jpg

How did you change the rail pressure units to psi?

I could be reading the graph wrong but it looks like hes running a 4500 pulse at 140mm3 commanded which would be pretty high, not pretty low.

Good point, I didn't see that he didn't show the entire pulse table, I just saw 40 and assumed 140.

Thanks guys, it is a little smoky in some spots, but really clean in most. I have been logging as much as I can, and rail pressure is holding perfectly so far. Right now id rather get the power feeling right then come back and tune out the smoke. I have the top end feeling OK, but not great, and the middle feeling kinda week.

From a start the first three gears seem aa little sluggish, but once it hit OD its starts bringing fuel, light the charger, and moves out well. I really want work on the middle range power and getting the turbo lit quickly.

Right click the table, Row axis - units - PSI. I just figured it out after I saw it LMAO

Ah, thanks. That will make life easier. My brain doesn't work well in MPa.

My max is about 7300 at 140 right now

You shouldn't have to go anywhere near that high. From everything i've seen, which granted isn't all that much, anything over 3200 pulse starts to really push it as far as injection time to crank degrees goes for a stockish rpm range. What do your logs say as far as actual pw? I'm willing to bet you are hitting a pulse limiter and that's probably the only reason you don't have 6 aluminum globs right now.

Last edited:
Looks like my boost limit fueling was holding back PW, I turned all that off and lowered my PW down a lot. I guess that's why my PW changes never did much. LMAO I am going to log my trip to work and see how it does.

Again, thanks for the help everybody. :ft:

My logs show RP holding consistent with desired pressure at 3200us. Power does feel better, looking through previous logs I was only getting 1900us at WOT before I messed with the boost limit fuel. I am going to increase pressure a little sooner and see if everything holds up.

I'd try to request full pressure by 80mm3 and 2200rpm. When are you turning pilot off?

Ok I logged a burnout... Lol can anyone tell me what happened in that dip in RP? And I must have some kind of timing limiter on because 14.8* of timing is all I can get.
b002e4ffe4f31610c3a576cf77e39bb8.jpg

Being that the desired pressure dropped along with actual pressure, it might be that your rail table drops pressure under high rpms. The pic you posted earlier shows the table drops from 24.8k to 21k at 3300rpm.

Last edited:
This is the Boost Adder table, is this where I am losing all my timing? I haven't changed it from stock.
ee33b31ff1af8ac07e9cb9d6e12be815.jpg

I am going to try to zero it all out.

The way I understand it is that the Boost Adder 7429 table shouldn't affect timing above 2200rpms because the Boost Coefficient 7430 table is all 0's at 2200 rpms, which i assume would carry into the higher rpm ranges considering 2200rpms is as high as that table goes.

Back