HPTuners on 03-05s

I would put that enable temp back to the stock value and see if that fixes your issue. If so it may just need to be worded or re-assessed in beta for its function.

Can you please post a screen shot of stock and your values?

What's weird is I flashed in a revised tune I've been working on today and the light was no longer present, so I took it for a drive about 15 minutes got back to the shop and the light just randomly came back on and the button on the shifter did nothing like originally.

There is no table it's just a value and I'm not sure what stock was because I opened up my stock file and it was 0 degrees F because I changed it and then must have saved it by accident. But it shouldn't matter it's an enable that's goes off ECT. I believe I have it set a 125 degrees now but that changed nothing.

The reason I asked to have it put back to stock, is if in fact that value is incorrect, HP needs to know so that they can fix it and have the correct value shown. The fact that you've modified it and now have adverse reactions, leads me to think that value isn't right (scaled correctly) and needs to be fixed in the software.

The reason I asked to have it put back to stock, is if in fact that value is incorrect, HP needs to know so that they can fix it and have the correct value shown. The fact that you've modified it and now have adverse reactions, leads me to think that value isn't right (scaled correctly) and needs to be fixed in the software.

What is your stock value? Or would ours not be the same?

There is no table it's just a value and I'm not sure what stock was because I opened up my stock file and it was 0 degrees F because I changed it and then must have saved it by accident. But it shouldn't matter it's an enable that's goes off ECT. I believe I have it set a 125 degrees now but that changed nothing.

Regenerate your stock file with the software so you can see what value your "stock" file has.

Regenerate your stock file with the software so you can see what value your "stock" file has.

Just so I understand you, you want me to flash the stock file back in my truck, then do a read so it generates a new file from hp.... correct?

I don't believe you need to do any flashes. Just do a read and it should generate a stock file.

Just so I understand you, you want me to flash the stock file back in my truck, then do a read so it generates a new file from hp.... correct?

Just hook up your interface to your truck and hit read. A new stock file will be created.

I generated another stock file that's says 270 degrees. When I turned the key on the tow haul was no longer illuminated so I'm gonna sent this file off to the tuner and see what happens.

Right now I am up to 3500us, holding RP, 52psi boost, and 1350-1400* egts.

What have y'all gone up to in PW on a stock injector truck?

Right now I am up to 3500us, holding RP, 52psi boost, and 1350-1400* egts.

What have y'all gone up to in PW on a stock injector truck?

3500uS is already past what is considered max safe pulse.

I never go over 3200 on duration in any Cummins. I have seen no gains besides spraying outside the bowl and inefficient burning smokey mess. I tell customers to get nozzles over 3k as that's where I like to stay under.

Last edited:
There was a noticeable power increase from 3200-3500. Should I lower PW and add some timing? I'm only running 22*. It's an early 04 so I am leery of too much timing with the small bowls.

22* with a 3500uS pulse (assuming your rpm for that timing is 2700+) is spaying so far past TDC that your likely to be well out of the bowl.

Not enough timing is just as dangerous and damaging as too much.

Find yourself a timing calculator and work your timing from that instead of guessing.

Back