hx35 over ht3b??????????

cumminalltheway

I have been having problems with my twins since install. i put a hx35 w/14cm turbine housing over a ht3b w/27cm turbine housing. I have 200s and drag comp. with the box off i can pull 40psi and with the box up i pull 40psi. i would think that i should be capable of 50-55psi. also with the box off i see 1200* right away. i know 1200* is safe but i thought twins were supposed to run cooler. i am no expert and would like some input from others. I have no boost leaks. i took care of all of them yesterday. what do you guys think.....

Whats the waste gate on the 35 set at and the 3B exh housing is a little big should be 26 or smaller

I am getting about 20psi out of my cold pipe? I am not sure if that helps but its just a little more info.

My wastegate is set to 25psi. And the 3b has a 22 housing. Cruising temps are around 600* and rarely go over 1000*
Full boost is around 50. You need a bigger housing for the 3b and set the wasegate higher.

My friend just had the same problem w/ a drag comp defueling @ 40psi. Edge is working on it now.
Cruising EGTs are way too high, on top gate should be around 30psi and be sure it has some preload on it so it seats properly.
The 27cm housing is not an issue. You have 20psi from the bottom but should have more from the top turbo. $.02

well guys i completely closed the wastegate and it still only boosts to 40psi. with the 27cm turbine should i be running a bigger turbo on top????? also what are the other sizes that are available for the ht3b turbine housing......

20,22,23,26,27,32. IIRC.
Nick- you had to adapt that gate to that turbo right? Just be sure it is seated firmly with some preload and it is strong enough to hold at least 40psi of drive pressure.

I am going to try and use a turn bucle to hold it shut. all i did was use a wastegate brakcet from a 12v hx35.

what are you running for fuel??????

scheid lightening2 injectors, tst, smarty. Fass making 14psi.
I don't know how much difference it makes, but I do have 15:1 compression.
The twin setup is an old pdr towing set. I really like it.

ok new update. i made a bracket to hold the wastegate shut and now she will pull 43psi with no box. so i need a new HD wastegate actuator. where do i get one.................

Mine made 75psi. I still say you need a smaller housing on the 3b. Makes them a happy turbo!

he has the gate tied shut, the bottom isnt getting any drive pressure.

ok guys i need a new gate actuator. where can i get one or something to work with the actuator i have. help guys.....

Back